Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Censored songs

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Censored songs

Casual Listener

Hello, I very much doubt there would be any swearing in the advert.

Highlighted

Being a paying premium member and a big, vocal fan of Spotify, it disheartens me that this issue has yet to be resolved. I listen to my songs entirely on my mobile and Ipad, each of which now only has the clean versions available. This completely butchers my listening experience. I'm sad to say I will be canceling my subscription tomorrow.

Thank you for the otherwise superb service.

Highlighted

This is not solved.  Are there any active development to get this fixed?

Some songs even though marked as 'explicit' are still obviously censored and I want a way to fix this.  Maybe mark a song for review to get the full version?

Highlighted

Can you put the duplicate track listing on the playlist screen IN ADDITION to the search screen. I don't want to have to search for every song i've ever added to see if I've been stuck with the non-explicit version. I had explicit songs added, and today I heard a censored version instead. That really makes me worry. Please, if you're going to allow people to add "clean" and "explicit" versions of song MAKE them say which it is. This is crap.

Highlighted

Regular

I just downloaded and joined Spotify and started listening to the latest tracks playlist and had to turn it off as my 5yr old and 3yr old where dancing around listening.  So i was hoping there was a way of only playing tracks tat are not explicit? Seems like a must have

Highlighted

Yes, these censored albums are a freakin joke. Only I ain't laughin! It doesn't seem like these good people are, either.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hi Jude,

It's been a year since you posted this, is it in the works?  I hope this will be implemented; nothing is worse than heavily edited rap.  Most of the time I would want a default setting for "No Clean Versions" or somehing like that.  But for the occasional work event, it would be nice to turn the filter to "Clean Versions Only."  

Best,

Steve

Highlighted

Rising Star 10
Rising Star 10
I think there should be a way to separate them, so the target audience that doesn't approve of their children, students etc listening to curse words can select censored songs and us people who aren't bothered by them can choose uncensored
MichaelJerzakRising Star 10
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Is there a way for me to find a censored version of a song? There are some songs I want to listen to, but I don't like the cussing.

Highlighted

The problem I have with your post is that I listened to a song for a couple of months uncensored (Atreyu - Blow) and had no problems. Out of no where the song is now completely censored (ruined) and there is no other album (there are two of the same album and both are now censored). Wtf?
SUGGESTED POSTS