Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Censored songs

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Censored songs

user-removed
Not applicable

The solution is simple...

1. Flag music which is censored with a [censored] image just like you do with explicit.

2. Give us a settings option to hide censored music, unless no uncensored version of the song is available.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yup, that's exactly what I want.  I want to know what's censored and completely get rid of it.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I found an odd example of censorship of spotify. The clean version is "Dirty" sometimes and there is no explicit version with parental warning sticker available under the artist page. But in my discovery section the album has a Parental warning sticker half the album is "Dirty" and the second half (disc 2 ) is censored. This is a new album and it seems the 2 versions are mixed up and mislabeled when it chooses to be. If I play the clean version some songs are uncensored yet when I re-play it comes up censored. There should be a more precise way to chose what is going to play.

Artist - Five finger death punch

Album- The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hi. The metadata, including "explicit" is uploaded by the publishers and aggragators. If you find music which is incorrectly tagged, you can use this form to report it.

There are several ideas concerning explicit content, including this one, in the ideas section which might be of interest.

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify
Kevman - We don't censor music in any way. Check out Jude's post here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Censored-songs/m-p/30581/highlight/true#M4323

To get unedited versions (on desktop), simply click on the album title and then on the 'X More Releases' underneath the album. This will then list all versions of the album that have been uploaded.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Highlighted

Conversely, I would really like the option to eliminate all censored songs (from radio streams especially).  Every blip, whir, or weird time slip completely pulls me out of the music.  If I hear more than a couple of these, I turn off my Spotify (and sometimes stop listening to music altogether).

Highlighted

Regular

All the Spotify folks refer to Jude's post.  However, that avoids the main complaint: the iPhone app.  There is no good way to find the ORIGINAL versions of the songs.  Everything simply defaults to the "edited" version.  That is unacceptable, but given how long this thread has existed, I am not going to hold my breath for a fix.  Thankfully I'm still in my 30 day trial.  This is a deal breaker for an otherwise great service.

The fix seems terribly easy, but nothing has been done for well over a year.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

How do you turn off the censorship or find that darn!!! Arrow the Spotify states holds the 2nd explicity album!!!! I wont subscribe unless this is fixed withing my 30 day trial and will go try Pandora next. Thank you

Highlighted

Well sometimes my spotify has a weird glitchwere it plays the uncensored version, however, when i go to play it again, it is again censored, and also, ive seen a youtube video using spotify, have the uncensored version of the same exact song played, it didn't have the explicit sticker and the album doesn't have an uncensored duplicate.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

SUGGESTED POSTS