Christian Genre Removed?!

Re: Christian Genre Removed?!

abj94
Casual Listener

Response from Spotify to me. Seemed to solve it. But still annoying this has been renamed and removed from the main page.

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand that you're not seeing the Christian music under genres and mood section of the app. Please let us explain what's happening here.

The Christian music was not removed from our catalog but was renamed as Inspirational music. Here's a direct URI, spotify:genre:inspirational which you can copy and paste on the app to find it. You can also search it from the app.

Let us know if there's anything else we could help you with.

Have a nice day,

Marco

Spotify Customer Support

Kurieuo
Regular

Well, "Inspirational" I guess is much less offensive to many people, will result in less safe spaces being required, than seeing "Christ"-ian. =P

ASMarr
Roadie
Well we have an answer but ‘Inspirational’ is not necessarily  ‘Christian’ music and not the response we were hoping for! Spotify please reconsider and hear the community! 170+ votes along with more posts than many other requests must tell you that we take this seriously.  

vaalseun
Music Fan

When last has anyone actually seen the “inspirational” genre.

Yeah it replaced the Christian genre, and I used it for a while but that also has disappeared from the Genre & Moods section.

Michael33c
Regular
Agreed. I can not see it either

vaalseun
Music Fan

Checked again on the Mobile App (Iphone), Windows 10 App and the Edge Browser.

There is no Inspirational Genre that you can browse for, that and the Christian Genre has been removed. There are 36 other Genres . . . . but no Christian or Inspirational on the Genres and Moods section

I can only find the "inspirational page' by using this link

https://open.spotify.com/view/inspirational-page

But it only works on a browser, not on the App (Iphone or Windows)

If anyone has another way of getting there please let us know.

Remember to save your favourite playlists :-)

abj94
Casual Listener
Paste this into the search bar of the app. That should work spotify:genre:inspirational

vaalseun
Music Fan

You da man!!

thx

ASMarr
Roadie
Where are you vaalseun? Seems there are different genres available according to territory .

vaalseun
Music Fan

Western Australia is where i am at.

Thanks to abj94 i can now get to the inspirational page by typing in spotify:genre:inspirational in the Spotify-App-Search

Which then strangely enough displays "Christian" as the lable (evidence attached)

Untitled picture.png
SUGGESTED POSTS