Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite

Operating System

Android 12, MIUI 13.0.6

My Question or Issue

This happened to me a while ago. One day I opened the app and buttons and some icons were missing. I didn't care much because I knew where some buttons were so I was using the app normally but it's very annoying to see just blank. I tried redownloading the app, but it won't help

Screenshot_2022-07-27-21-45-48-908_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-27-21-46-05-349_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-27-21-46-10-535_com.spotify.music.jpg
30 Replies

Hey @kuki1024,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you've installed a custom launcher on your device, you might want to try removing it and checking if this resolves the issue. You can also check your phone's accessibility settings and make sure the font size is set to normal.

Let us know if this helps.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Setting default system theme worked, apllying the theme required full restart od the phone

I've been noticing for a few days that some controls on the spotify Home screen have disappeared, in their place there are white tiles, the commands in question are:
up
-Novelty
- Recent plays
-Settings
down
-Home
-Near
-Bookshelf
-Premium

Among the tests I have already deleted data and cache, uninstalled the app and reinstalled, I attach an image
Help thanks

Plan

Free

Country

Italia

Device

XIAOMIO POCO F3 

Operating System

ANDROID 12 MIUI 13

My Question or Issue

1678785004398.jpg

Hello! Welcome to our community! It is common for Spotify to always be updating and improving its platform to provide the best possible experience for its users. These updates may include changes to the user interface and controls on the home screen.

If you have noticed that some controls on the home screen have disappeared, it may be that Spotify is testing a new user interface or making adjustments to improve the user experience. It is important to remember that these changes are made with the goal of improving the platform and offering an even more advanced experience in terms of technology.

It is possible that these controls will reappear soon or be replaced by more efficient and intuitive ones. The important thing is that Spotify is always looking for improvements to offer its users the best possible experience.

Plan

Premium

Country

TUNISIA

Device

Xioami not 9 pro

Operating System

MIUI 14.0.3

My Question or Issue

WHENEVER I START A SONG THE BUTTONS dosen't show up

Hey @Habib143,

Thank you for your post here in the Community and welcome.

We'll just need more details about the situation. When you say the button doesn't show up, do you mean you're missing the 'Now Playing' bar or is it something else? It would be really helpful if you send over a screenshot or video of what you see. Additionally, let us know if you've tried any troubleshooting steps to fix it, such as logging out and back in or restarting your device. We'd suggest doing a clean reinstall of the app to see if that makes any difference.

On another note, let us know if this happens on one device in particular. If you haven't checked, you can try logging into your account from a different device to see if you have the same issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a Redmi Note 11. 

Miui Global 14.0.6

Android 13

I tried to solve the problem by installing the old version of the application but it did not work.

I cleared the cache. I cleared the storage area. I still couldn't solve the problem

and this is extremely annoying.

Please help :'(

Screenshot_2024-04-12-11-31-28-923_com.spotify.music-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-12-11-31-17-864_com.spotify.music-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-12-11-32-00-898_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey @nevzatyilmaz, thanks for asking in the Community!

Could you try changing the language of the app and your phone to English once?

See if that makes any difference. Let me know how that goes.

AmayySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@amayy      nothing has changed. It's annoying that it suddenly happens and I can't find a solution...

it didn't work 😞

Hey @nevzatyilmaz,

Thanks for your replies and for all the info shared.

Keep in mind all users should only download the app from our official website/authorized stores. This way, we can advise adequate alternatives for possible issues. Installing the older unofficial versions of the app can present further problems.

That being said, and as mentioned before in this thread, are you running some custom launcher to change the appearance of the home screen on your device? If yes, we'd suggest disabling it and using the built-in home screen of your device to see if you noticed any difference.

On another note, if you use a customize font for your device, we'd suggest disabling it as well. Another user mentioned here that changing the font for the default ones on their device made a difference.

Lastly, we'd recommend checking if perhaps there are some pending updates for the OS of your device. If yes, try installing them.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts