Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

(Commercials) OUCH! Far too loud!

Solved!

(Commercials) OUCH! Far too loud!

I was listening to some soundtracks. Sometimes they tend to have a little dynamic so i cranked up the volume... Then, from nowhere there was a fully normalized commercial for some plastic-compressor-pop. This hurts
29 Replies

I'm having this problem, especially with Head and the Heart Promotional spots. My music is the perfect volume, and the ad blows out my studio monitors

Forget your radio. 😉 Is Spotify going to pay for my eardrum repair from these loud commercials?

I'm sure it's intentional to grab our attention, but all I do is press mute until the commercial is over. If it was a normal volume then I'd just leave it and listen to it, but I can't have it being 25%-50% louder when I'm wearing headphones, especially!

Save the elephants (and rhinos et al)!

Apparently they fixed this in February.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Turn-down-the-volume-of-loud-ads/idi-p/61057

But encourage people to report rogue ads there, so hopefully they are monitoring it...

Spotify claims to have implemented a solution to this in its 2/7/2018 Status Update, but I still have the problem.  ALL the ads I hear on Spotify are much louder than the tracks they follow.  Some users have suggested this is a deliberate marketing strategy.  If so, it's a poor one.  If an obnoxious, blaring ad makes me turn Spotify down, or close it altogether, it's defeating the purpose of ads. 

Any help?  Spotify, are you listening?

Agreed.

In the US there are laws about this.

Several companies have been sued.

Its absurd how loud the commerical are and it is unacceptable.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/policy/loud-commercials

YEP ITS STARTING AGAIN!! FOR A WHILE THE COMMERCIALS WERE AT A TOLLERABLE VOLUME. BUT NOW OCT. AND NOV. 2019 COMMERCIALS HAVE BECOME OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD AND ANNOYING I HAVE TO KILL THE VOLUME ON MY SYSTEM AND I'M ABOUT TO STOP LISTENING ALLTOGETHER. 

eggh.  i'll just go back to pandora..

Same here.  I'd tolerate the commercials if they were the same volume as the music.  Unfortunately that never seems to be the case anymore.

I listen to Spotify late at night while I'm working at my computer.  I've usually got some smooth jazz or new age music playing softly to help me unwind after a long day.  However, there's little relaxation happening when I'm suddenly being assaulted by a blaring toilet paper advertisement.  I have to scramble to turn Spotify off so I don't get hearing damage (headphones) or wake my neighbors (speakers).  Totally lame. 

As another user suggested, maybe it's time to switch to Pandora.  It seems foolish to keep waiting for Spotify to hear us and address this problem.  Perhaps they've gone deaf from the commercials.

Commercials are too loud compared to the volume of the music, lately I have to stand with the remote control in my hand and turn the volume down when there are these damn Commercials , by the way they achieve the opposite effect because they really make me hate the product they are advertising. 

I'm looking for an alternative to spotify that doesn't break my eardrums with commercial claims, if you have one can you please post it here?

This works most of the time, but there is one advertisement from one retailer that is beyond excessively loud. One retailer only! Why?

Suggested posts