(Commercials) OUCH! Far too loud!

Solved!

Re: (Commercials) OUCH! Far too loud!

capnJackSparrow

I'm having this problem, especially with Head and the Heart Promotional spots. My music is the perfect volume, and the ad blows out my studio monitors

JoshMcCullough
Regular

Forget your radio. ;-) Is Spotify going to pay for my eardrum repair from these loud commercials?

I'm sure it's intentional to grab our attention, but all I do is press mute until the commercial is over. If it was a normal volume then I'd just leave it and listen to it, but I can't have it being 25%-50% louder when I'm wearing headphones, especially!

Save the elephants (and rhinos et al)!

sharp-spark
Roadie

Apparently they fixed this in February.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Turn-down-the-volume-of-loud-ads/idi-p/61057

But encourage people to report rogue ads there, so hopefully they are monitoring it...

SpaceDragn

Spotify claims to have implemented a solution to this in its 2/7/2018 Status Update, but I still have the problem.  ALL the ads I hear on Spotify are much louder than the tracks they follow.  Some users have suggested this is a deliberate marketing strategy.  If so, it's a poor one.  If an obnoxious, blaring ad makes me turn Spotify down, or close it altogether, it's defeating the purpose of ads. 

Any help?  Spotify, are you listening?

mgrenwic

Agreed.

In the US there are laws about this.

Several companies have been sued.

Its absurd how loud the commerical are and it is unacceptable.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/policy/loud-commercials

Highlighted

jb56
Casual Listener

YEP ITS STARTING AGAIN!! FOR A WHILE THE COMMERCIALS WERE AT A TOLLERABLE VOLUME. BUT NOW OCT. AND NOV. 2019 COMMERCIALS HAVE BECOME OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD AND ANNOYING I HAVE TO KILL THE VOLUME ON MY SYSTEM AND I'M ABOUT TO STOP LISTENING ALLTOGETHER. 

SUGGESTED POSTS