(Commercials) OUCH! Far too loud!

Solved!

Re: (Commercials) OUCH! Far too loud!

Silas

It has gotten crazy loud recently, even Spotify commericials so don't tell me you dont have control. I may have to switch to another product.

Betreff: (Commercials) OUCH! Far too loud!

hans-jürgen
Roadie

One possible workaround at least for the desktop client is to enable the advanced Preferences option "Same volume level for all tracks". And/or if your sound card software / driver has an option to enable a similar volume normalisation or levelling in its extended settings there. I use this on my Realtek HD Audio soundchip, because it also helps a lot when watching movies which have dialogues in a whispering volume and sound effects at earpiercing levels. You can always disable it when exclusively listening to music with a lot of dynamics like classical music where the constant volume up and down would disturb it.

jb56
Casual Listener

Yeah, I'm about ready to give up SPOTIFY untill they fix this anoying problem

jb56
Casual Listener

Thats it, *uck it, Im outta here. Commercials are too darn loud. Byeee Spotify

thatmadmusicguy
Casual Listener

this is really freaking annoying when you have yer volume low then  a commercial comes on at full volume rlly **bleep**ing annoying when you trying to sleep lostening to solfegiio sleep tones.... kinda counter intuitive if you ask me fix that **bleep** it makes me furious and i close spotify and go to youtube yer definetly lposing alot of people because of this...

nrich1

So, there continues to be no solution to this problem? Again, agreeing with other comments in this thread that this is a health concern (the advertisements are UNREASONABLY loud) and make listening to Spotify at work quite a nuisance. I would not recommend Spotify to others based on this. While I understand why the advertisements are there, why is there an option to normalize volume across all songs but none to normalize commercial volume? It seems outrageous that this problem continues without a solution after this was made aware to Spotify in 2012. 

Solution!

xuzan
Regular

Here is a solution I found that has worked for the problem with the ads being so loud:

Set the volume on the Spotify application at the maximum, then adjust the volume of the computer or speaker device.   I have done this for several years and it works.

View solution in original post

bkuke
Casual Listener

This is bullshirt.  I am at a worksite where the volume of the radio is loud to begin with. When these commercials come on, my speakers distort. Distortion ruins speakers.  Is spotify going to buy me a new radio?  I fekkin' doublt it.  Fix this issue or I'll go back to Pandora!

bkuke
Casual Listener

Also, if Jackson Brown (the most recent loud **bleep** ad) were to come around in my area none of the 20 people who listen on the work radio would attend that concert JUST BECAUSE of the loud ads.  Pass that on to your ad wizards.  That sh*t isn't working.

I suppose no one at spotify actually looks at these though.

bkuke
Casual Listener

This is not a solution at all to the loud commercials because they are still loud no matter how you set up your gain structure. You are in essence telling me to to turn down my computer every time the loud commercial comes on.  I"m already doing that; I shouldn't have to.  It is damaging my speakers every time it comes on and distorts.  Distortion kills speakers.

SUGGESTED POSTS