Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Commercials in Joe Rogan's podcast

Commercials in Joe Rogan's podcast

When Spotify first bought Rogan's podcast, then at least the commercials were about Athletic greens, which is a sponsor for the podcast, which made it tolerable. But now you've started to throw in your own commercials, even though I have a premium account. And these commercials can contain the most annoying garbage music that anyone could possibly find.

Example: https://youtube.com/shorts/NgR9XLEGAWA

Every time I hear that song, i have to listen to something else for a while just to clear my head before I can go back to the episode.

I used to listen to this podcast on YouTube premium, with no commercials, and a much better working platform that allowed me to seamlessly switch between devices.

Now I barely want to listen to Joe anymore because I know I'll have to deal with this issue every time.

7 Replies

Hello

We're sorry to hear about that.

As a podcast listener myself,I do get irritated by the ads sometimes

I do have to state however, that Spotify plays absolutely no role in choosing what ads to play.

That lies entirely with the podcaster and/or the agent responsible for uploading it.

In the same way,we don't make any changes to an artist's song,we don't make any to podcasts either.

Thank you

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't care about whether or not Spotify plays a role in choosing which particular ads to play, I'm guessing that the ads are chosen by a third party that provides ads for many Podcasts on Spotify, nothing wrong with that.

The problem is that Spotify used a lot of money to buy the exclusive right of being the distributor a podcast that is important to a lot of people, and then Spotify removed the option for these people to listen to it without ads.

In this way, combined with cramming video podcasts into a platform that was not ready for it, Spotify is ruining the Joe Rogan Experience for many of us.

Ok wait, "ruining" is an over exaggeration, let me rephrase that. I meant "Spotify is having a negative effect on the listener experience"
But of course I'm also thankful for all the old episodes that were not available to me before Spotify bought the rights.

I not agree on behalf,Joe Rogan deserves the money from the adds, 

Ok Joe

It is just sad, that money are that important to Joe. I though he is different. It is so irritating these commercials in episodes.

Yeah but your do control the fact they are in skippable or just play over and over again untill you let them play through, witch didn’t even work every time, from time to time the app glitches and the adds will just repeat over and over again untill k manually go in and change the program.

it’s made the rogan podcast unlistenable.

Suggested posts