Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Contacting record labels advices

Solved!

Contacting record labels advices

Hi everybody! Does anyone here have experience in contacting record labels to tell them to put some artists's albums on Spotify? I have tried to reach out to some record labels through their Instagram to request some old-school urban albums, but no response from them. If someone has been successful in reaching out to your artists's record labels, please give me some advices. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, how's it going? Hope all is well with you and your family! The best sector for you to contact is A&R (Artist and Repertoire). They are the ones who deal with this issue. You should go to the website of the labels that manage the artists you like and send one and more to the support requesting the referral to the A&R sector. Big hug and have a great week!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes, you can enter a suggestion for these labels. They are usually allowed to perpetually manage the artists' works if the phonogram belongs to them. In this case, the contact must be forwarded to the editing department. Strong hug!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, how's it going? Hope all is well with you and your family! The best sector for you to contact is A&R (Artist and Repertoire). They are the ones who deal with this issue. You should go to the website of the labels that manage the artists you like and send one and more to the support requesting the referral to the A&R sector. Big hug and have a great week!

@geovanebento Thank you for this solution, but the difficulty here is that most of the artists that I want the record labels to put their albums on Spotify are obscure artists, they were active in the 80s - 90s but are no longer active. Some artists released two or three albums, but others released only a single debut album and then disbanded and disappeared from the music industry. And when I go to the label's website, they only have artists currently active or artists who were their rosters in the past, so I don't know if this solution will work or not. Thank you for your help and have a nice day!

Marked as solution

Yes, you can enter a suggestion for these labels. They are usually allowed to perpetually manage the artists' works if the phonogram belongs to them. In this case, the contact must be forwarded to the editing department. Strong hug!

Oh, sorry for my late response,

Thank you for your help, I'll try. Big hug!!!

Suggested posts