Creating playlist as an artist

Solved!

Re: Creating playlist as an artist

kimbeggs
Casual Listener

I sincerely hope that Spotify is not expecting artists to pay a monthly fee to be their administrators. 

Kim Beggs

tarannicole
Casual Listener

i've been searching high & low for a couple weeks now, has there still not been an update to this?

dfartho

Hi! 

Was there a solution for this? Is it possible to create a playlist through the artist profile as a verified artist who has the blue tick?

Cheers

tarannicole
Casual Listener
​We had to create a separate regular profile with a different email and
make the same the same as their artist name & make a playlist from it. See
attached screenshots. ​

Annoying but the only way we could find to get around it.

danglomusic
Music Fan
afraid not!

JamesCBridges
Gig Goer

FACTS

cora_sone

Looks like this thread is a little old, but I figured out a fix. I logged into Spotify as a user with artist account email (different from the Spotify for Artists interface) and was able to create a playlist. Go to the Playlist Options / Share / Copy Spotify URI. Go back to the Spotify Artist interface / Profile and paste the URI into the Playlist search field. Tada!

robgrav3s

Thanks for updating this old thread, since I found it while searching for an answer. 

I'm not quite sure what you mean from your description though -- you logged into regular spotify using your spotify for artists email and password? I'm unable to log into regular spotify with those credentials. 

If you could clarify, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 

Ovenbird
Casual Listener

You can do all of this by using the Spotify for Artists Mobile App (at least on iPhone). I don't know why it does not seem to work using the web. I experienced the same problem of a search box but it would not find any of MY playlists.

Again, you can use the Spotify for Artists App to find and place your personal public playlists on your artists page.

Another helpful tip that took me forever to figure out - is that if you want to change the image for your playlist, you can do that through the regular Spotify Windows app (not the web). The app lets you edit the image and add a catchy description.

Bam!

Highlighted
Solution!

Rising Star 14 ListenToGlobal
Rising Star 14

Hello everyone.

At this point it is not possible to create playlists directly through your artist profile.

• If you want to create a playlist and have it visible on your artist page, please follow the steps as written here. If you wish to have your artist/band name as the creator of the playlist, just create a new account and give it the name you want.
  • If you want to remove a playlist from your artist page, please follow the steps as written here.

If you still need help or have any questions, feel free to reply here and I'll do my best to help. :)

Happy listening!

Felix

ListenToGlobalRising Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS