Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Crime in Sports / Small Town Murder

Crime in Sports / Small Town Murder

Dear Spotify,

BRING BACK THE JIMMY'S. The only reason I use spotify anymore is to listen to podcasts. My favorite podcasts? Small town murder and Crime in Sports. When you listen, James and Jimmy become a part of your family. We love them and their podcasts so much that we, as listeners, support them directly through funding. If other people don't like them, they don't have to listen! You removed the best thing about my day. My boyfriend and I will be cancelling and will listen to our podcasts elsewhere.

40 Replies

Don't all users, both free listener and subscribers get a choice for what they're paying for? Should we not be notified if I podcast is being pulled? Instead of being lead to believe it's a glitch in the app. If it's because the content or language is offensive, the Jimmys clearly at every episode warn you and even advise you to stop listening. You have a choice whether to listen or not.. we don't get a choice for what we pay for? I hate to say it but I'll be cancelling my family subscription unless both podcasts are reinstated. But since this error has occurred I've been listening to the podcasts on iTunes. Which is free anyway? So why pay for something that doesn't give you a choice or an explanation when you can get it all for free from a competitior. 

Hi there @Mdee,

Good question! Because of various laws and the way that content licensing works, Spotify doesn't have rights over the content that it provides. The rights holders have control over whether or not they decide to list their content on Spotify's platform. It could have been removed from Spotify for any number of reasons - hopefully it'll be able to return to Spotify soon, though. 

I understand your frustration though, so I'll make sure to pass on your feedback 🙂

Cheers,

/tr

I'm seriously p.o.. I cant wait for the new episode of STM every week and I haven't finished listening to the old Crime and Sports. I want them back and I want them to remember where I left off. This is BS. 

I agree. If they are bite back by the end of the week I am cancelling.  

Yep that's it. Iv loved Spotify until now. **bleep**ing piece**bleep**. I will be removing my premium Account. 

Cancelling my 4 year subscription and going Sticher. They have all their episodes. Shut up and give me murder!

If the podcast itself did not know why it was not on Spotify, how is this a licensing/content issue?

@ItsPugle

This seems to be the standard response that gets thrown our way over and over again instead of a real answer. To make it perfectly clear: There is no licensing issue. The content creators themselves don't know why their shows were pulled. 

I have a feeling a one of the reasons a lot of people are going to cancel is because we get nothing but silence from Spotify and when someone does actually say something about it, it's a canned response like this. At least, that's why I'm going to cancel if this isn't fixed soon. 

I am so upset/**bleep** they removed Small Town Murder and Crime in Sports.  The Jimmies got me through my work days and nights at the gym. Canceling my premium membership! I'll just got to Sticher. Thanks for nothing, Spotify!

Okay i’m Glad i found this forum because i thought i was losing my mind. I wanna know why “Small Town Murder” was pulled off of Spotify? Everyone is saying that they listen to it at work and they are freaking right so do i. Y’all don’t know how badly i want to strangle management at my job and this podcast at the end of the day is literally what keeps me from doing that lol no really i love this podcast it’s so therapeutic in a twisted way it keeps me sane. I hope Spotify brings it back y’all can pull off Kanye West or Taylor Swift if it’s a storage issue or if you guys are really looking to pull someone off.

PLEASE BRING HER BACK!

CA529BAB-8A48-40E0-8933-2D21C6E115C9.png

I know it is ridiculous.  

This is bull. No need to pay for Spotify anymore!

Spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why small town murder wasn't working. Realized yall just TOOK IT OFF small town murder is the only reason I'm subscribed and the only thing that gets me through my long depressing commute from work! WHYYY!? unsubscribing:(

**bleep** i'm so upset about this. Small Town Murder gets me through my day. I was hoping this was just a glitch but I had to look into it because I was freaking out when it kept giving me an error. This is my favorite Podcast, if I didn't already have my music playlists set up I would have deleted my Spotify account. This is ridiculous, get it together or you will lose a lot of loyal listeners. 

Honestly Small town murder and crime in Sports are the best Podcasts ever. I am a loyal Spotify User and I think it is so conviened to download podcasts on spotify and listen on the go. But now I need to check other places. Bring them back. Spotify is no fun without the Jimmys.

It’s been like two weeks, what the **bleep**, bring back small town murder or I’m switching to Apple Music. You have 24 hours 

I have already cancelled 

I was so bummed out when I turned on Spotify at work and Small Town Murder was gone. I hope you bring it back soon!

It's back on

Is anyone else not getting new episodes of STM and CIS? 

Suggested posts