Crime in Sports / Small Town Murder

Re: Crime in Sports / Small Town Murder

Mdee

Don't all users, both free listener and subscribers get a choice for what they're paying for? Should we not be notified if I podcast is being pulled? Instead of being lead to believe it's a glitch in the app. If it's because the content or language is offensive, the Jimmys clearly at every episode warn you and even advise you to stop listening. You have a choice whether to listen or not.. we don't get a choice for what we pay for? I hate to say it but I'll be cancelling my family subscription unless both podcasts are reinstated. But since this error has occurred I've been listening to the podcasts on iTunes. Which is free anyway? So why pay for something that doesn't give you a choice or an explanation when you can get it all for free from a competitior. 

ItsPugle
Community Legend

Hi there @Mdee,

Good question! Because of various laws and the way that content licensing works, Spotify doesn't have rights over the content that it provides. The rights holders have control over whether or not they decide to list their content on Spotify's platform. It could have been removed from Spotify for any number of reasons - hopefully it'll be able to return to Spotify soon, though. 

I understand your frustration though, so I'll make sure to pass on your feedback :)

Cheers,

/tr

Manders94
Casual Listener

I'm seriously p.o.. I cant wait for the new episode of STM every week and I haven't finished listening to the old Crime and Sports. I want them back and I want them to remember where I left off. This is BS. 

Tessieb
Regular
I agree. If they are bite back by the end of the week I am cancelling.  

vTriggerHappyx

Yep that's it. Iv loved Spotify until now. **bleep**ing piece**bleep**. I will be removing my premium Account. 

Martin214

Cancelling my 4 year subscription and going Sticher. They have all their episodes. Shut up and give me murder!

lostcatv

If the podcast itself did not know why it was not on Spotify, how is this a licensing/content issue?

slips
Casual Listener

@ItsPugle

This seems to be the standard response that gets thrown our way over and over again instead of a real answer. To make it perfectly clear: There is no licensing issue. The content creators themselves don't know why their shows were pulled. 

I have a feeling a one of the reasons a lot of people are going to cancel is because we get nothing but silence from Spotify and when someone does actually say something about it, it's a canned response like this. At least, that's why I'm going to cancel if this isn't fixed soon. 

tbendig

I am so upset/**bleep** they removed Small Town Murder and Crime in Sports.  The Jimmies got me through my work days and nights at the gym. Canceling my premium membership! I'll just got to Sticher. Thanks for nothing, Spotify!

paxtonpill

Okay i’m Glad i found this forum because i thought i was losing my mind. I wanna know why “Small Town Murder” was pulled off of Spotify? Everyone is saying that they listen to it at work and they are freaking right so do i. Y’all don’t know how badly i want to strangle management at my job and this podcast at the end of the day is literally what keeps me from doing that lol no really i love this podcast it’s so therapeutic in a twisted way it keeps me sane. I hope Spotify brings it back y’all can pull off Kanye West or Taylor Swift if it’s a storage issue or if you guys are really looking to pull someone off.

PLEASE BRING HER BACK!

CA529BAB-8A48-40E0-8933-2D21C6E115C9.png
SUGGESTED POSTS