Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

DRAKE - VIEWS : Only Songs with Feature are playable

Solved!

DRAKE - VIEWS : Only Songs with Feature are playable

I was able to listen to the whole Views album by Drake when it came to Spotify, but now I can only listen to Songs with Features on them (Like Grammys feat. Future).

I am from Germany and I am a Premium User, so I am kinda shocked that 3/4 of the album are just gone!

EDIT: Its not working anywhere! Not on my desktop PC and my Phone!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I decided to check again if its working and apparently the 6 god felt bad for me and its on Spotify Germany again lol. Cheers for the help though, really appreciate it

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi there! 

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble.  To help you, I'd like to try and get the scoop on your situation and make sure I fully understand. Are you getting any error messages, or are the songs just skipped/no audio? also, what system (device) are you using, and what version of Spotify? Lastly, be sure you're not Offline, because that might keep some songs from playing.

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

Hey thanks for the reply. Im not in offline mode, I am on Windows 10 (64 bit), Spotify version 1.0.29.92.g67727800 and it says that the song is not available

ok, thanks for the info! Go ahead and be sure you've tried fully closing out the app on your computer, then re-opening it and trying to play those songs again.  Let us know how that goes.

Already tried that multiple times, but unfortunately it didnt work 😞

Darn! Unavailable songs are no fun.  I think what I'll do is go ahead and recommend a reinstall, if you're up for it. It's pretty simple, and should help get rid of that pesky little error message.  For a Windows 10 like yours, that'll go something like this:

WINDOWS 10

1. Open Spotify and click File in the menu bar. Select Exit.
  2. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
  3. Open System.
  4. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  5. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  6. Download and install Spotify!

Try that, and let us know how it goes. Hope that helps!!

I just saw here ( http://chrisse23.github.io/app/) that those songs aren't available in Germany. Any clue why that is so? They were working before 😕

From what I can tell, my guess is that Drake and his label originally had released the album, and at some point revoked rights to certain songs. It all comes down to the artist, and what they want. Spotify does everything in it's capabilities to bring users all the music, so I can assure you they're working hard, but it really falls down to artist preferences. Sorry, and I hope Drake changes his mind soon!

Marked as solution

So I decided to check again if its working and apparently the 6 god felt bad for me and its on Spotify Germany again lol. Cheers for the help though, really appreciate it

Suggested posts