Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Dead Sara album breaks up with static

Solved!

Dead Sara album breaks up with static

This just started.  I've listened to this album many times with no issue. The Dead Sara album Dead Sara breaks up when playing - every song on the whole album.  The rest of thier songs/albums are fine as well as everything else I've been playing for hours over the last several days.  This occurs with this album only on my PC and my Android phone both locally, on the device speakers, or broadcast via bluetooth.  Even more curiously songs from this album on the "Popular" play fine as well.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ditch37167!

I've gone ahead and reported this to the right team. Thanks a ton for letting us know about it! 

Be sure to let us know if you ever run into similar issues with other records.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Bastogne87!

This has been reported to the right team. They'll check it out as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed it'll be fixed soon.

Stay tuned.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Ditch37167! Thanks for your post!

That's not cool! Let's get to the bottom of this! Could you try to send the track URI of the track you're having issues with and the time this happens around? Let me know! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Any song on this album, any time of day.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4eVS2lXtlb2FCwXAdMhp5k

Marked as solution

Hey @Ditch37167!

I've gone ahead and reported this to the right team. Thanks a ton for letting us know about it! 

Be sure to let us know if you ever run into similar issues with other records.

I just noticed this same thing. I had much of this album downloaded and until today it had played fine, but for some reason Spotify on my phone decided to update its download cache today and now all my previously fine tracks are audio garbage. It is just this album as far as I can tell, Dead Sara's self-titled album. Please fix! I listen to songs on this a lot! Thanks!

Dead Sara’s self title album has been having issues with skipping and static problems for over about two weeks now. All their other albums are working fine. I have logged out and back in and also deleted the app and downloaded it again and it’s still having the same issue. Someone posted a similar issue: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Dead-Sara-album-breaks-up-with-static/m-p/3770042...

but I don’t know if it has resolved itself or the team is working on it. Is this affecting anyone else?

Marked as solution

Hey @Bastogne87!

This has been reported to the right team. They'll check it out as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed it'll be fixed soon.

Stay tuned.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

This was fixed as of a couple days ago. If it is still static for those who have downloaded it to their devices they may need to force a redownload. Worked for me. 

Suggested posts