Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Delay in putting songs on Spotify

Solved!

Delay in putting songs on Spotify

I've noticed some artists appear to delay putting songs on Spotify and I have read that this is because Spotify provide free/advertised paid for songs. The songs I have been looking for is Bob Dylan latest which appears on Apple Music which does not offer free/advertised paid for songs. Am I therefore being punished for paying the full amount to Spotify and if so would I be better served on Apple Music. I don't want to leave I have been with Spotify a long time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This doesn't make sense to me as the free service is paid by ads and probably has no influence on the artists income. I prefere Spotify over Apple Music as it better serves my needs. I think the two services play in the same niche. However, I have no idea what's the reason for the publisher to publish Bob Dylans lates on Apple Music but not on Spotify.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

This doesn't make sense to me as the free service is paid by ads and probably has no influence on the artists income. I prefere Spotify over Apple Music as it better serves my needs. I think the two services play in the same niche. However, I have no idea what's the reason for the publisher to publish Bob Dylans lates on Apple Music but not on Spotify.

@user-removed @NightScape

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label, so it's them to decide when to make their music available for streaming.

Delaying music is common nowadays, since they want to maximize album sales, which they feel increase if people are not capable of streaming it. When the sales window passes, they make it available for streaming. Drake and Beyonce do this for sure.

If the artist is a strong one, they don't even bother making it available in Spotify, like Taylor Swift.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I agree with everything you say and I believe the choice should always be with the artist but from my point of view I sometimes feel I'm paying twice. Last time this happened I ended up buying the CD from Sainsbury's who had it on offer. Apart from the first few plays I have now put the CD away and stream it. My fault I know. My real point is that artists aren't treating everyone the same. I don't know if they get paid the same for subscription paid or free/advertisement paid but in my case Apple Music who have no free/advertisement structure are apparently streaming the LP while others with free/advertisement like Spotify are not. Just coincidence maybe?

@user-removed

I wouldn't call it your fault for buying CDs. You may get a better version of the song by ripping / encoding it yourself. 😉

There has to be differences between the contracts artists sign with Apple Music and Spotify, that's for sure.

Apple has all the money of the world, so they can sweeten the deal to artists they want, in exchange for exclusivity clauses.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts