Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Deleting Suggest Playlist

Deleting Suggest Playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I really like Spotify and the variety of music it has.  And it is easy to search, and easier to "train" as to what I really like, and it chooses good selections.  But I have a Spotify suggested Playlist on my Home screen that I have listened to and moved liked music to a specific playlist so that playlist contains everything I like.  But I can not figure out how to delete this playlist.  It is taking up space on my home page.  I could just avoid ever going to my home page, that is an option.  But I am afraid to add any other Spotify selected artists/Playlists as I may not be able to remove them.  I listen to Spotify on my iPhone, iPad, Mac Powerbook and my Apple TV.  I am a Premium member.

2 Replies

Hi @PerAxel,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Currently it is not possible to customize the shelves on your Home screen, as they are connected to your listening history, the followed artists/podcasts, as well as on your liked songs. If you start liking/streaming other songs/playlists and audio content, this will change it's recommendations for you over time as this is how this section is designed to work right now. 

Also, other users have gathered here around an idea about being able to change what you see on your Home screen. You can add your vote and feed back there to express your support in this. Note that even if an idea is currently set to Not Right Now you can still add your vote there and we revisit those ideas on regular intervals. It might be that their time would be right in the future.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

What you are telling me then is that these are non-removable. That gives me the message to never ever open any Suggested anything, Pod Cast and including Playlist of music, then on my Home Page as they will be there for a long time. This is a incentive to use another platform to find music, but then to open Spotify to place it into a Playlist I have created. The message you are sending is just that, only open the search filed and locate music you really want to listen to. A work around to your suggestion would be to search for a specific artist, and hopefully ONLY that artist would searched for. And suggestions would be at the bottom of the search after all the artists music has been displayed. But if I CHOOSE one of YOUR Suggested Playlists, even for a named musician, there will be other music and artists included. So never opening a Spotify suggestion is a wise thing to do. This searching for a specific artist is a work around. And if you start suggesting other musicians, there are other platforms. And as I do not listen to Podcasts, you have made my home screen a dead zone. Better to open library and start there.

Suggested posts