Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Deleting an artist

Deleting an artist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My Question or Issue

It's an odd one. Roughly it's what I'm asking about in the title, but it's because of Spotify Wrapped, although I assume it can't be changed anymore. At the beginning of this year I listened to a lot of Call Me Karizma. Around summer I learned that he is straight up a felon, a groomer and a r***st. So I deleted all his songs from my playlists, unfollowed him and checked the "ignore this artist" option, or whatever it's called. However, he still appeared on my Spotify wrapped. Now it's a shame to even share my wrapped, but I know there's hardly anything to be done about it, BUT it did make me think - how do I just delete him from my listens? I don't want this stain on my listen history, I ignored his songs on my top listened playlist but I'm worried it'll resurface again. 

1 Reply

Hi @efadfa,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

We're sorry to hear about this undesired artist that's showing on your Wrapped. What you say is correct, the list can't be modified as the results are final, even if the artist is currently blocked on your account.

The listening history is unchangeable, however, since the Wrapped campaigns only take into account the music played during the current year, this means that your next Wrapped shouldn't include the artists you don't play anymore.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts