Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Desktop][Browse] Passing someone else's work off as your own.

[Desktop][Browse] Passing someone else's work off as your own.

Hi,

I have never posted here but I had a question about an artist possibly passing off the work of other artists as their own work, but on an industrial scale.

There is an 'artist' who has released a whopping 105 albums since 2018 which more or less includes the complete works of Mozart plus some compositions by Haydn, Bach and a few others as well.  

Given that there is no record anywhere on the internet of this person as a musician or recording artist, much less one with such an impressive canon, please could someone tell me whether it is commonplace for 'ghost artists' to feature on Spotify in this way?  Is the sole purpose just to hoover up as many plays as possible and claim the royalties?

I may be doing this person a huge disservice which is why I haven't named them.  Alternatively, I may just be naive and people will tell me that this is standard practice on Spotify.

Either way, if anyone could shed any light on this, it would be interesting to find out more.

Many thanks.

1 Reply

Hi there @mikeyt61,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

If you feel that there's something wrong with the content presented on your app or with a specific artist / album info and uploads, please make sure to follow the steps provided on this help page.

This will have the right Spotify factors looking into the profile and content uploaded.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help with 🙂

Suggested posts