Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Disappearing music, now even removed from playlist. NOT OK!

Solved!

Disappearing music, now even removed from playlist. NOT OK!

Hi, I used to have some great tunes by Neuroticfish in my playlist. It seems like the group was removed from Spotify, and not only that the entries was removed from my playlist instead of the usual "grayed out".
Searching for neuroticfish in Spotify reveals nothing. Pushing back in my Spotify history and I can actually find the artist and start "Artist Radio" but nothing more.
Is this something new, the automatic removing from playlist?
Is there a list where removed artists are displayed?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

jlindbergh -

The function to shown greyed out tracks is still available. Head into the Preferences menu, scroll down to the "Playback" tab and uncheck "Hide Unplayable Tracks". This will show the tracks that were previously available.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I'm looking for a song that I used to listen on Spotify but have had no luck since it's disappeared from all my playlists. It's not fun trudging through hundreds of last.fm history pages, either. OP seconded.

Yeah, what's with this new behaviour? At least show the removed songs grayed out as before! This kind of silent removal of music is not ok!

Marked as solution

jlindbergh -

The function to shown greyed out tracks is still available. Head into the Preferences menu, scroll down to the "Playback" tab and uncheck "Hide Unplayable Tracks". This will show the tracks that were previously available.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks David! I've always had that option unchecked, could it be that it got reset during some update?

I'm happy with the solution as well. (I can swear that I haven't checked it myself.) So now I'm just looking for a list of removed artists and preferably a reason why so that I know where to start lobbying to get them back!

--

//Not so dissapointed any more.

Mine music list doesn't show up even though i tried this.. There are so many mixed tracks.. And im really mad over that my kind of lifework are gone..

Is there any way to get back a playlist that perheps have been removed?
I would love a answear! Thanks

So this grayed out artist is not playing even after I change my preferences. What gives?

I realize a workable reply may come in several months. Untill then I will not use spotify. It may be a good thing I didn't up grade.

I had just added the Bastille Album, Bad Blood, to my playlist then today i went to listen to it and most of the songs had been delted and replaced with live versions and the album removed from spotify! And the album is number 1 in the uk! so i dont know why they would remove it, also, where is taylor swift Red and Rihanna unapolagetic

@AlexBarltett wrote:

I had just added the Bastille Album, Bad Blood, to my playlist then today i went to listen to it and most of the songs had been delted and replaced with live versions and the album removed from spotify! And the album is number 1 in the uk! so i dont know why they would remove it, also, where is taylor swift Red and Rihanna unapolagetic

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Any content that is missing is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. In the case of Taylor Swift and Rihanna, that is exactly what they are doing. Some artists also choosen not to be a part of Spotify, so there is nothing that can really be done about that!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@irritated wrote:

Hi, I used to have some great tunes by Neuroticfish in my playlist. It seems like the group was removed from Spotify, and not only that the entries was removed from my playlist instead of the usual "grayed out".
Searching for neuroticfish in Spotify reveals nothing. Pushing back in my Spotify history and I can actually find the artist and start "Artist Radio" but nothing more.

This has happened to me too. My old avicii tracks are grayed out, some are completely gone. How do I fix this?

@alexafrancog wrote:

@irritated wrote:

This has happened to me too. My old avicii tracks are grayed out, some are completely gone. How do I fix this?

They are probably still there but unavailable if you go to Edit > Preferences > Playback > Untick Hide Unplayable Tracks in the desktop client. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This has happened to me too, namely with the artist Teebs. I have another music service which still has all his tracks available, so I came very close to cancelling my Spotify subscription. I settled for simply downgrading to Unlimited, but I've been aiming to drop one of the two services eventually.... this behavior does not bode well for Spotify, at least for my business.

Also looking for a song taken off my playlist asswell as the dance mega-mix playlist.

It starts off like a helicopter turning but then builds into a tune. 

There is no greyed out option on mobile. I understand that spotify may not have rights to play a song but they can still list the name and artist. I wasted my time trying to find a song thinking I passed it over somewhere. I don't have a photographic memory that was the point of the playlist! This is clearly meant to be punative to artists that revoke rights. Also maybe if the song is removed the user might not miss it or inuandate spotify inc with requests! NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS

Can this still be done? I see no option to un-hide the songs.

Suggested posts