Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Discover] Stop Recommending Toss A Coin To Your Witcher to me every damn week

[Discover] Stop Recommending Toss A Coin To Your Witcher to me every damn week

Every single week almost without fail for the last year or so I've had a cover of "Toss A Coin To Your Witcher" in my discover weekly playlist. Some weeks there have been two. I have marked EVERY SINGLE ONE as "I do not like this song" and yet they are still being recommended to me. For the love of God STOP IT STOP IT NOW. I can't handle any more. I think it's a dumb song. I like the Witcher games, it's true, but I can't stand Henry Cavil's massive bland face so I don't like the series and have never watched it.

3 Replies

Hey @Dinkyfish,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. We moved your post from Ideas to the help boards as it's content fits better here.

We understand where you're coming from. However, song recommendations are based on your listening history. We'd suggest that you continue listening to different music so that your recommendations will change.

Additionally, keep in mind that using the Hide button will currently only hide the specific song from the playlist, but it will not prevent future suggestions of the same song.

As an alternative, you can block the music of an artist in order to skip all of their songs. To do this, you can go to the artist profile in your mobile app, tap the 3 dots button and select the option "Don't play this".

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But why can't we choose a "don't play this" for a song. I might like other songs from that artist, but don't want this one to be played.
I absolutely get and support the point. If I hide a song, I don't (probably ever) want it played again and I also don't want it included in my Daily Mixes or Weekly Discover anymore and yet that happens all the time. Can't you prevent hidden songs from being included in my personal playlists? Or then at least introduce the Don't play this for songs instead of just artists. You used to have the "I don't like this song" and "I don't like this artist" button, which meant they aren't played anymore - why did you remove that?

Hey @sinlee,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Spotify is always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see some features removed, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. That's why the option of "not suggesting a song" may have changed. We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward.

Also, keep in mind that with "Don't play this" (on the Artist page), songs might show up in the playlist, but they won't be played. However, this option affects all the songs made by that artist.

We'd also recommend adding your vote and subscribing to a similar request suggested here and has the Status of Good idea. Any update about it will be posted in that thread.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit a new idea highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts