Announcements

Discover Weekly keeps recycling the same songs

Highlighted

Re: Discover Weekly keeps recycling the same songs

Regular

Some of us don't have the time to search for songs due to life commitments.

Also, I've found it refreshing on the Tuesday. But it seems like only half of them. But all of them seem to be 'new' Also. I have one song on my 'I don't like this song' on the playlist! Yesterday, it was two.

Highlighted

Regular

Hi there,

i feel like Spotify doesn’t care about Discover Weekly anymore. I’ve already created a topic about the playlist refreshing twice a week, with evidences and long explanations. Despite that, no one from the staff has ever answered. The thing is, probably most people won’t notice the issue, or will just ignore it. And a dozen of music freaks are not Spotify’s target. Maybe the issue is more important than it looks, but I don’t think avoiding duplicates and refreshing on Tuesday is a hard task for a now public company.

Anyway, Cheers,

Hadrien

Casual Listener

Why is this still an issue for me? I have gotten I'm Glad by Captain Beefheart and Why? by Andrew Bird more than 3 times each and I'm Glad twice in one playlist. Spotify has enough money to make this issue go away. I have complained more than 3 times. I think it's time to go with Pandora or someone else. Spotify can't pay it's artists, sells people on an idea that will get us new music but doesn't care enough to get people or algorithms that work. This is dumb and Spotify just gives us brand messaging and bascially telling us 1) it's getting fixed, or 2) there really isn't a problem because, you know, we're a megacorp with no accountability. Enough is enough, fix this. You guys are really bad at this engaging this and I'll take my business elsewhere. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have the same issue. Discover Weekly is recycling many of the songs, so out of the 20 songs on the playlist, up to 5 of them are duplicates that I've heard many times before.

For instance, I've lost count of how many times the songs below have been on my Discover Weekly list:

https://open.spotify.com/track/2pdulgTSVNLaZkwCi32Jk3

https://open.spotify.com/track/6H0DXOPil8UBKGp5RlIcdj
https://open.spotify.com/track/6UB895HYS3pnftcY4ckbDw
https://open.spotify.com/track/6BkeuHmO4P69Ln2BSonrXi

And those are on my list this week, so I have to skip every 5th song.
I find it sad because I really like Discover Weekly, but this is a major pain. How hard is it to make it exclude songs I've listened to before?

Michael.

Highlighted

Regular

Bruh I get the same problem with other playlists it's crazy. They're always bring back the songs I don't like. Like, it feels like abit much to have to tell them all the time that I don't like a particular song

Highlighted

So I must be the only one on earth, but all the tracks suggested in my "discover weekly" playlist have nothing to do with the kind of music I usually listen to :

completely different genre that I absolutely don't like, and all of them, there isn't any single track or artist that I had listened before !!

It's a completely weird playlist that seems to come from another account, it used to work well before but now I spend my time disliking all of these tracks in the hope that Spotify will wake up and no changes so far, great experience....

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I've been having problems recently where I will get lots of covers of songs I already have saved from the original artists. I will also get remix or non-remix versions of songs I already have the other version of and I will also get songs in chinese or japenese even though I have no songs saved in these languages and don't want them either.

Spotify really need to fix their discover as right know it doesn't sound more like a "discover" than a "rediscover"

Highlighted

Regular

I have the same problem, starting a few months ago Discovery Weekly playlist started to include songs from other playlists I listen to instead of recommending me songs I've never listened like it used to do. Please don't include songs I've already listened to or from playlists I already follow!

Highlighted

Regular

Same issue here, for the last 3 months I get songs that I already listened to on Spotify.

Highlighted

Re: Discover Weekly keeps recycling the same songs - Status changed to: Need more info

Casual Listener

I can’t really detect when it started but I observed that when I delete a song from my “Liked Songs” or “Liked From Radio” he same song with a different artist is suggested in DE.

SUGGESTED POSTS