Discover Weekly keeps recycling the same songs

Highlighted

Re: Discover Weekly keeps recycling the same songs

Gornky
Casual Listener

Really would like to know if this is a problem that's being addressed at all? Seriously considering switching to a new service because of this, and I love Spotify. 

Highlighted

ingeborgmj
Casual Listener

Hi spotify! Looks like this week the playlist is a lot better than previous, but still some repeats (not a big problem). Thanks for fixing our favorite feature! 🙂

Highlighted

Raydiognome
Regular

I really liked the discover weekly and daily playlists in the beginning as well and like others it was the reason I continued to pay after my trial but now that they are not changing or just repeating I am losing my need for Spotify. I can get more variety out of Pandora or my own collection of 80,000 + mp3s !.

Please address this issue

Highlighted

DW78
Casual Listener

Completely frustrating to have the same songs I hate popping up my Weekly ever again! It's not that the algorithm to come up with good songs works that well, yet there is now way to improve it. Will ban the Weekly feature before the end of this month if nothing happens...

Highlighted

cpc464

Same here. There's this one Taku joiynt that they keep trying to have me Discover. It's a basic one for someone who likes beat production, my yoga instructor even knew about it. 

Usually a great service but when they throw you the same song again, it's annoying and I can see the robot. 

Plz fix.

Highlighted

paul10
Regular

I'm having the same problem from time to time even within the same playlist! Today is another such event. I have THREE (count them, THREE.) different versions of Take Me Home Country Roads in the playlist today. I'll list their names and put their artists and albums in brackets for you to see them on Spotify. I don't have time to search for songs anymore and a lot of the ones that I seem to like to search for, are removed from Spotify after a while.

Country Roads (David Hasselhoff, Sings America.)

Country Roads, Live in Las Vegas/2014 (Olivia Newton John, Summer Nights - Live in Las Vegas.)

Take me home, Country Roads (John Denver, The Windstar Greatest Hits.)

Highlighted

itiban
Casual Listener

spotify doesnt seem to care about it. having lots of repeating songs and most of them pretty annoying. also having bach's songs EVERY week in my release radar since this autumn. no idea why 

Highlighted

itiban
Casual Listener

any chance we motivate you to care about the problem, spotify folks?

Highlighted

ingeborgmj
Casual Listener

I love the new feature where you can remove and heart songs! it's really the most desired feature I've had for spotify for the past two years! I look forward for compatibility on mobile ❤️

But it still is an issue with about a third or more of the list have been there before. I don't know if it's too much to ask for when I've been activle listening each week to dw fo about two ears, but it would be nice with less duplicates.

Highlighted

Arkon_Raavus

I've had a similar experience. I have a single main playlist from which new music goes on a lot. Several times on discovery it's recommended songs already on this playlist, once even have 6 out of the 30 already being songs I've heard.

SUGGESTED POSTS