Disliked Release Radar artists keep appearing

Highlighted

Disliked Release Radar artists keep appearing

Regular

In order to make my Release Radar more accurate, I always select "I don't like this artist" when it recommends a song by an artist I don't listen to (anymore). However, it doesn't seem to have any actual impact on the playlist. These artists continue to appear. The only difference is that their songs function like unavailable tracks do on playlists. They're in gray font and they automatically skip. But they still hog the playlist. Considering I use Spotify a lot and I listen and follow lots of different artists, I don't think this is happening due to the lack of other possible recommendations.

Is there a way to solve this so that I can improve my Release Radar?

10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Disliked Release Radar artists keep appearing

user-removed
Not applicable

This is fine. It will happen every once in a while. What this means is that Spotify doens't have enough data for that week in order to complete a full playlist suggestion. Just keep listening to more music, and it will eventually clear up.

Highlighted

Visitor

Thanks for providing a possible answer, but I doubt that's it. This happens to me all the time, and I listen to Spotify at least four hours a day. That's a decent amount of data for Spotify. I think this is just a glitch they haven't fixed.

Highlighted

Music Fan

I can't count how many time I've done this over the past year and I still get them in my Release Radar probably every other week...

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.23.59 AM.png
Highlighted

Casual Listener

My account was hacked well over 3 years ago. I resolved it quickly and updated my credentials, and I still get the same French hip hop artists recommended to me, I've lost track how many times of "disliked" these artists. It doesn't seem to make a difference, they still show up in my feed.

Highlighted

Hey there @jmoverpeck,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you haven't already, it'd be a good idea double checking that you aren't following the artist whose songs you're seeing. If you are, try unfollowing them, then unfollowing and following again your Release Radar playlist to shake things up.

Keep in mind that as an alternative, you can start afresh with a new account - there are steps on how to do that in this Spotify Answer. There's also a helpful Spotify Answer explaining how to transfer your music over from your original account. If you go ahead with this, make sure to cancel your subscription in your old account if you're on Premium.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Casual Listener

If this is the reason why the same artists keep appearing on Release Radar, maybe when you dislike an artist, Spotify should provide a quick explanation and an "unfollow this artist" button as a suggestion in the popup when you click the dislike button. It's pretty unclear that this could be contributing to the issue in the way it's set up right now.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I can't believe i didn't think to check for that. Problem solved, thanks!

Casual Listener

I'm still having this issue. Particularly today it happened, I disliked a majority of my release radar last week but half of it is still on my list this week. I listen to A LOT of music and artists, I have almost 7000 songs saved to my library so the issue isn't that I'm not listening to enough music. I only follow artists/bands that I know I like majority of their music and that I want to show up on my release radar. I'm not following any of the artists that I disliked on my release radar last week. I think it keeps recommending them because I liked a song or two of theirs in the past. Some of these artists aren't even saved to my library anymore, yet still recommending them. These disliked artists are also nowhere close to the music I like. Why are you recommending me pop and rap music when you can see from my spotify account, I like rock and hardcore/screamo music. Stop recommending me garbage radio music. 

Highlighted

Visitor
By creating a new account, means that I would have to use a different email address than the one in currently using?
SUGGESTED POSTS