Disliked Release Radar artists keep appearing

Highlighted

Re: Disliked Release Radar artists keep appearing

Hey there @Jcramosleon

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Yes, when creating a new account you can't use the same email address you've already used for your old Spotify account. An email address may only be registered once with a Spotify account. 

Check out this help page for more info on how you can use your email address with Spotify. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Ivan,

I follow the instructions for changing my email address but it doesn’t allow to erase the current address. I try through my phone and computer but didn’t work. Any other suggestions? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I have my account linked to my Facebook account. I think that’s why is not allowing me to delete my email. Is there other way I can delete my email? I’ve try disconnecting my Spotfy account from FB but it didn’t work
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Sorry to necro this thread, but I've been facing the same issue for almost a year now. An artist that I've never listened to, never followed, never liked one of their songs (someone called Love Regenerator) keeps showing up in my release radar, and has been, for I said, almost a year now. Every week I dislike the song / artist and the next week they keep showing up. I'm led to believe the "dislike" button does absolutely nothing or there is a serious bug in the algorithm. I tried contacting Spotify via twitter (because it seems like that's the only place to contact them except here, and I didn't want to come here right away) and never heard back. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Highlighted

Had no idea about the 'following artist' issue. Makes sense AND the artists i'm having an issue with continually popping up in DW and RR playlists, despite my clicking on 'I don't like [artist] are artists I'm following... LOL.

I was following those artists due to their older catalogues and don't like their newer stuff, hence my unliking what Spotify is pushing via DW and RR playlists. Just unfollowed and we'll see if it works. Thanks!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue and am getting even MORE recommendations from artists I've only listened to ONCE, and not even followed / liked. This is extremely frustrating.

Highlighted

Visitor

so seriously, this solved my issue. just saw, that i am following all those artists, who are returning in my release radar and that i always down vote.

Also it is a problem, that spotify isnt really checking the music genre. for example, i liked a dnb artist Agro. but there is also a french rapper named agro? so i get french hip hop in my release radar, that i never ever listened. it is pretty dumb, that this algorithm isnt even checking, if it is in an apropriate genre.

SUGGESTED POSTS