Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Drivers License by Olivia Rodrigo

Solved!

Drivers License by Olivia Rodrigo

Hey guys, i noticed that the old version (at least the cover and 'EP') of Olivias' Drivers License has been deleted by Spotify and has been replaced with the Album version. I'm using a spotify stat tracker and now i see 2 times drivers license in my top 10.. hehe. But maybe it's because i'm using an unofficial application to record my stats. I just don't want 2 times drivers license in my top 5 at the end of the year in the wrapped, what do you think? is this going to happen or is it just a bug fr

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Rubify,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

We're not familiar with the versions of the song you mention. However, after checking Olivia Rodrigo's discography, we noticed there are two releases of the same album where the song is contained. 

If you access the desktop app and open the album, you'll be able to switch between the two releases: 

However, we'd like to confirm if you see the song duplicated on your Spotify library, or on the other app you mention. This will help us assist you better.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If it is a third party app, you could reach out to that app to inquire about the issue. It is probably like that though because Spotify recognizes them as different tracks and there’s nothing you can do to change how Spotify takes in data. Sorry!

Marked as solution

Hi @Rubify,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

We're not familiar with the versions of the song you mention. However, after checking Olivia Rodrigo's discography, we noticed there are two releases of the same album where the song is contained. 

If you access the desktop app and open the album, you'll be able to switch between the two releases: 

However, we'd like to confirm if you see the song duplicated on your Spotify library, or on the other app you mention. This will help us assist you better.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

The song Drivers License is not duplicated in my library for as far as i know :). I am not sure if i can mention the 3rd party app due to rights (or promotion) but i think the app i'm using is pretty reliable. Olivia Rodrigo released drivers license at the beginning of the year with a red(ish) album cover. This song is my most played song of all time according to that app. However, since the release of the album, the album cover of the song changed to the album one. I still kept listening a lot to the song and now i see the exact same song, with a different (the album cover), in the exact same 'most played' tracks list (on that app). Why am i worrying about this you think? haha. Well, i hope for everyone sakes that at the end of the year in the Wrapped 2021 there are'nt the same songs in the top 5, just because the same song got included in the newest album hehehe.
Note: when i look in my library, i see the old version of drivers license. But i'm not that desperate for stats to search for the song everytime, instead of just searching in the 'regular' search bar. 

Hi there @Rubify,

Thank you for your reply!

In this case, since your Spotify library is showing the song properly, then we suggest you contact the third party app if you'd like further assistance with the duplicate song. 

From our end, we don't have a way to know in advance what is going to show on your Wrapped by the end of the year. However, if you keep listening to the same version you have saved, you shouldn't have any issues with it. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts