Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Driving home for christmas

Solved!

Driving home for christmas

Anyone else having problems with playing driving home for christmas - Chris rea 2009 remastered? Able to find it but not able to play.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

53 Replies

Yup 😞

+1, kind of a sad timing for this song to suddenly disappear..

Hey guys!

Can you send us over the Spotify URI? Just right-click the track and copy us the info. Also, what country is your Spotify account set to?

We’ll take a look backstage.

Hi
I can't find the song at all.
Living in Norway.

Atle

Same here. Looks like the Chris Rea version of Driving Home for Christmas has been removed from Spotify. I'm in the UK & cant find it

Same here, really dissappoiting this has been taken down at Christmas, all the best Spotify 👍🏻

Yep, this song has gone in the UK also. 

Just looked at my Christmas playlist, this song, Last Christmas (Wham), and Let it snow (M Buble) all been removed, but I think i can get the other two from other albums in Spotify. Chris Rea is my favourite song though ! 😞

Hey everyone 🙂

I searched around and found a couple versions of this song by Chris Rea, namely this one:

spotify:track:2ICONPPVWpzqT0vBmMoIMn

But I took a look using a song availability tool that I have and it appears to be unavailable for listening in the UK.

Missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify. It might be a good idea to contact the label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify.

Happy listening 🙂

Absolutely not okay! Tomorrow is Christmas eve, and it's a tradition listening to Rea when heading out to the family. If it's not back by tomorrow I'll strongly consider cancel my subscription (Spotify family)....

I found this version, its not as good as the original one.

I just switched on my desktop computer, and the song is there??

At the same playlist on my cell its not showing.

This is not good.

Im preparing my family to listen to this song on repeat on the way back and forward to church tomorrow. Its been a tradition for decades. What to do?

Same here in NL. Superb timing !

It has gone from my UK account and all my playlists it was on! Any chance if getting Rea back for Xmas in the UK - HAS to be sorted 😞

Thanks!!!!!!

Yep same in Sweden.
What happened?

Did not Spotify paid the bill??????

We where playing Chris Rea "driving home from christmas"  Here in Denmark 6.December, but now the song is grayed out, and can't be played by him ?  Why ....didn't Spotify play their bill ? 

D A M N it's bad style from Spotify!

I can't seem to find the song on Apple Music either. It was definitely on earlier today. 

Must be the record company pulling it for whatever reason. Maybe they want people to go buy it?

**bleep** Rea! Easy to find in mp3

**bleep** Rea! Easy to find in mp3

Of course you can find it on YouTube.BUT we pay Spotify to get it.....

Suggested posts