Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Dusk And Her Embrace, Cruelty and the Beast

Solved!

Dusk And Her Embrace, Cruelty and the Beast

I would like to know what happened to these two albums over the weekend. I love both Dusk and Cruelty and I was disappointed when they were both removed over the weekend. Spotify is already missing Damnation and a Day amoung other Cradle of Filth albums, and now my two favorite albums by them are also removed. Is the entire Cradle of Filth discography going to be removed????????

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@WintersEve

Hello:

Music on artist pages sometimes becomes unavailable. If I remember correct there was already a playback issue with a track on C.O.F. release of Dusk... And Her Embrace, the title track had a play back issue where the song was not playing correctly. The label The End Records could be in the stage of providing new updated content to Spotify. Sometimes this takes a few weeks to get worked out as the content has to be recoded again and then put into Spotifys update queue on the system, and depending on where in the upload queue this music is in with regards to an update of content might take awhile for it to show up again. Since these two albums are favourably among C.O.F. fans I can't see this content going missing for too long really, but sometimes it takes a bit of time, even with content playback issues as well.

I did notice from a few other streaming services this content is missing too as well. So I would suspect the content is either waiting for an update to be added again to fix playback issues, or the license for the music has just run out and we are all just going to have to wait until the content gets updated again so it can be added back on the artist page.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@WintersEve

Hello:

Music on artist pages sometimes becomes unavailable. If I remember correct there was already a playback issue with a track on C.O.F. release of Dusk... And Her Embrace, the title track had a play back issue where the song was not playing correctly. The label The End Records could be in the stage of providing new updated content to Spotify. Sometimes this takes a few weeks to get worked out as the content has to be recoded again and then put into Spotifys update queue on the system, and depending on where in the upload queue this music is in with regards to an update of content might take awhile for it to show up again. Since these two albums are favourably among C.O.F. fans I can't see this content going missing for too long really, but sometimes it takes a bit of time, even with content playback issues as well.

I did notice from a few other streaming services this content is missing too as well. So I would suspect the content is either waiting for an update to be added again to fix playback issues, or the license for the music has just run out and we are all just going to have to wait until the content gets updated again so it can be added back on the artist page.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

Spotify adds thousands of albums and artists are added every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify.

@WintersEve

Check the CoF artist page there might be a surprise there for you waiting. 🙂

Any idea if Damnation and a Day will ever become available? It's been 13 months since the original post and it's still not there, so either it just so happened to disappear again by the time I got to it or it's been missing the entire time.

Suggested posts