Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Eddy Grant - I don't wanna Dance

Eddy Grant - I don't wanna Dance

There something very wrong about Eddy Grant on Spotify.
There seem to be a big cockup with a. completely different artist that should not have the same name at all (!!!!???) 

The original version from 1982 is nowhere to be seen and Spotify presents this song with an awful version that has nothing to do with the original one - but with exactly the same name!!!! 
This is completely wrong and needs fixing.

If you work for Spotify and are reading this, just go on Google and search Eddy Grant's Don't Wanna Dance, you will get the proper version immediately.
Then compare that with the song presented by Spotify as being the original and do something about it please. 
It's just plain wrong!!!! 
Thanks. 

Ps by the way, Electric Avenue is exactly the same, coming from the same fake album!!!!!! 

Screenshot 2020-04-30 13.30.23.png
13 Replies

Cmon someone from Spotify fix this!!!!

Incredible how there is no one to look into this!!!!

Ignorance at its best.

Fix this Spotify.....

Eddy Grant doesnt allow his music to be streamed so unless the song is on a compliation album (like Living on the Frontline) it isnt going to be on Spotify as he owns all the rights to his music

Well this is why it is fake!!! That is why I have pointed this up, because I know his voice very well.
The guy impersonating him on Spotify is stealing his name and his work and nothing is being done about it!!!
Appreciate your input.

I totally agree Some one needs to sort this out. I can’t find Electric Avenue by Eddy Grant. All a get is a different artist. I thought this would be illegal!! Take note Spotify? It’s not going to go away some one listen we need this rectified.

I've reached out to customer support and supposedly the issue will be brought to the attention of staff higher up, let's hope justice can be brought after these years

@Saracen7 wrote:

Eddy Grant doesnt allow his music to be streamed so unless the song is on a compliation album (like Living on the Frontline) it isnt going to be on Spotify as he owns all the rights to his music

Which is his right, but we are being mugged here. Some **bleep** is pretending to be Eddy.

Why can I get this on you Tube!! That’s streaming. We have been cheated by a fake.

What is even worse is they stream music from convicted **bleep**-offenders...

Looks like Spotify are not doing their due-diligence in vetting the music they supply on the platform. Fake artists and criminals should not be profiting from Spotify. 

Brilliant News Finally you can get Eddy Grant Music on Spotify. Thank you Spotify. You have finally listened!!!!!

Suggested posts