Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Enhance button not showing up!

Enhance button not showing up!

Plan

Premium Student (logged in via Facebook)

Country

United States of America

Device

iPhone 12, iPad

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

The "Enhance" button is not available on any of my personal playlists.

Yes I am running the current version of Spotify (I even have newer updates since the September 2021 release date of the Enhance button, such as blends, Wrapped 2021, and lyrics under the songs) and iOS. No button.

Yes, I have tried restarting the app twice in a row, though "This may sound odd but it's how the app does a resync." There was no button.

Yes, I have tried logging out and back in from a different device. No button.

Yes, I have cleared the cache, offloaded the app, deleted it, turned off my phone, waited a few minutes, turned my phone back on, and redownloaded the app. There was no Enhance button.

YES, I have been in contact with tech support and - after giving me access to a test account - told me to check if there was an Enhance button. There WAS! So, I log back into my account. No Enhance button (even after creating a new playlist).

I am extremely frustrated. What is going on? I love Spotify and think the product is great. I want to se this feature as it would be extremely useful to me. I think it's ridiculous that seemingly no one knows what's going on or how we can fix it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

85 Replies

Same thing here, I didn't even know it existed, a couple of weeks ago it showed up and now it's gone.

Exactly, I had the same issue! 😕

I have the same problem. Please just ask spotify developers and engineers to make another update where everyone can use the enhance feature again.

Same problem here. Enhance button was there but then disappeared.

Updating app, reinstalling app, multiple re-logins, new playlist creation all didn't help.

Using Premium Duo, my partner has the same problem.

Probably a database update went wrong on Spotify's end that broke it for some accounts I guess...

Sad to see that the support here is this bad.

So its been almost a month of no updates? Everyone has tried every single suggestion (even the astonishing ones like just make a new account as if its our fault your app is broken) and just what? "eh guess only the lucky get it"? I have premium duo neither me or my partner has this feature anymore and it removed over 600+ songs from one of my playlists.. what are you guys even doing over there how does fixing a broken code take over 6 months for one button its almost like you're a AAA game developer at this point just pushing out a "finished" (broken) product. this is wild. Please don't respond with one of the 10 different "solutions" you've posted on here multiple times we get it and can read. 

About time to say bye bye Spotify. This is BS! 

0CC45DEC-F170-4CAD-8531-C1BE7FCDACF8.png

136A37F3-8439-45F6-AD09-9E2A0C51A837.png

56769073-6699-4B6C-AECC-C8406AAF2591.png

Hi, I was told by Philamar M through customer service messages to confirm the information that there is no longer an enhance button and it was only temporary even though the articles I’ve read said it was for all premium subscribers since September 9th, 2021. I’ve obviously seen here that many people are having trouble getting their enhance button but they seemed to all have gotten it fixed. I’ve gone through everything to try and get it back, customer service is my last resort. I would just like mine to be fixed.

@Jbree33 Holy **bleep**, what an annoying conversation!

”Try these things to fix the problem, but there’s no guarantee it will work. Also, there is no problem, and it shouldn’t actually work!”

What?! 🙈

And so rude…

Really hope you manage to get it back somehow! I’m pretty sure magic is what made my button appear…

It’s absolutely ridiculous. I was talking to him for an hour trying to figure out why he was switching his answer from I could get it back then I couldn’t because it’s a temporary feature. When it’s obviously not a temporary feature for premium subscribers

So my enhance button was also gone.

to fix this, hit the shuffle button on your playlist to turn it off, then hit it again and a new menu will appear. The new menu will have an option to either turn on shuffle or Magic Play. Tap on Magic Play and it will basically do the same thing as hitting the enhance button. Don’t know why I didn’t see anyone mention that.

That doesn't work for me. It simply isn't there anymore no matter what
button I press, restart, clean install... Nada! Lol. It's something on
Spotify's end. Has to be.

@leon1849 THANK YOU!! I see it now! Spotify should REALLY be telling people that they moved the button and changed the name of it!!!

No problem my friend 

Hello,

I tried the clean reinstall of both my phone and computer and still don't have the the Enhance button showing up but it was there a few weeks ago. I love it and would like it back! Please help me....

Clean reinstall worked for me on iOS 

enhance button is back. 

I tired that already, but thanks…

Still having the same problem. One representative told me it was a mistake on their end and Uninstall the app wait an hour and try again. No luck. The next person said it was a feature that's been deleted and come here tp recommend bringing it back

What an absolutely disgraceful response from Spotify support. Previous posts clearly state the actions taken. Why are they repeating the same solutions in their post. Why don't they read the post? Literally paid customers asking for action on genuine issues. You know, like features just showing up and disappearing willy Nilly.

Spotify, two of you replied to this thread. Both of you failed at your jobs abysmally. IF you cannot help, probably best to NOT **bleep** your customers off with robotic responses. And if you're not Spotify staff, why are you here? You're that much of a fan, you just love perusing the forums to offer up the most useless of pleb support that you cut and paste from a list of automated responses? Nothing about this is an ok way to do things. 

I don't think Spotify knows what is causing this problem. It appears to be neither account based, based on the version of the program nor is it a feature they have removed. I just got a new phone, and for the first time I saw the enhance button. Weirdly it's on my new phone (samsung galaxy S20 FE) but not on my desktop. When trying to check for updates on Spotify the pretty recent tutorial told me to click the bell icon on the top left, but I don't have anything that looks like a bell icon. I did a clean reinstallation but to no avail. I would suggest that the desktop app link is broken on their website, and is downloading an old verison of the program, but that doesn't explain why others are having the same problem but on their phones. I don't get this at all. Additionally my recommended thing doesn't work for certain playlists so enhance is all I've got.

Hi, just popping in here to see if there is still no solution. I am having the same issues that have been outlined here and it would be a bummer if no solution exists. 

Suggested posts