Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Erased downloads

Solved!

Erased downloads

Spotify is erasing my downloaded content, I have downloaded two times my library, the last time with my mobile data, and in less than half an hour spotify erased all my downloaded content.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Helo there, in case anyone is still having this issue I want to comment on how I got it fixed.

Issue: When downloading albums the mobile app showed them as being downloaded and after finishing, half an hour later every downloaded song was gone, as if it had never been downloaded in the first place.

I even switched phones and this kept happening, using my same spotify user.

My way to solve it:

I noticed that when trying to download some albums, I got the "Epic collection, friend..." message, the one i got when i reached the limit of saved songs/albums.

So I deleted the app cache, uninstalled it, restarted the phone and then reinstalled it and started removing albums from my saved collection (do not confuse with the downloaded albums) and voila, since then, I've been able to download and maintain the downloaded songs.

I hope this helps someone being annoyed by Spotify's stupid bugs as I was.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

@Eastmandia

Hello:

Can you post what device and Spotify app version you are currently running? You might try either a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device, or you can also make an attempt by going to your account page here for offline devices https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ and see how many devices there are, and you can also remove any or all offline devices, and have the Spotify apps to sync again with the Spotify service. Please bear in mind all offline content will have to be redownloaded again with a Spotify app resync, so a clean reinstall of the Spotify apps is best to remove all files and start clean again with new offline content.

Marked as solution

Helo there, in case anyone is still having this issue I want to comment on how I got it fixed.

Issue: When downloading albums the mobile app showed them as being downloaded and after finishing, half an hour later every downloaded song was gone, as if it had never been downloaded in the first place.

I even switched phones and this kept happening, using my same spotify user.

My way to solve it:

I noticed that when trying to download some albums, I got the "Epic collection, friend..." message, the one i got when i reached the limit of saved songs/albums.

So I deleted the app cache, uninstalled it, restarted the phone and then reinstalled it and started removing albums from my saved collection (do not confuse with the downloaded albums) and voila, since then, I've been able to download and maintain the downloaded songs.

I hope this helps someone being annoyed by Spotify's stupid bugs as I was.

Suggested posts