Announcements

Excluding cover tracks from DISCOVER WEEKLY

Excluding cover tracks from DISCOVER WEEKLY

heresmykey
Casual Listener

Is there anyway to exclude cover songs from the Discover Weekly playlist?

I just want to listen songs from original artists.

4 Replies

Re: Excluding cover tracks from DISCOVER WEEKLY

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @heresmykey

Unfortunately right now there is no setting to exclude cover songs from Discover Weekly

You can check out this idea here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Discover-Setting-to-Exclude-Cover-Songs-...

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

drogon
Visitor

Came upon this looking for the same solution.  Hope everyone at least votes that idea up, I am tired of the constant covers as well and would like my recomended music to actually be things I may not have heard from the original artists, not constant covers that I am not interested in.

caroejohnson
Roadie

Hi! you can dislike songs that it gives you so it won’t suggest things like that to you anymore. 

phromo
Music Fan

In the past 3 weeks something happened to my discover weekly & release radar as well. I haven't liked that many cover songs, but I'm now getting at least 3-4 cover songs each week. They all suck. There must be some part of how the recommendation algorithm/models work that give bias to cover songs. I guess it could happen easily; they are musically very similar to tracks I've liked in the past. The problem is that noone likes a cover when the original is so much better! And I don't like to "discover" covers.

I don't know what message disliking the song will send to the recommendation algorithm. Will it be able to infer it's because of the cover status, or will it negatively impact my profile?

SUGGESTED POSTS