Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Fear Factory - Mechanize and The Industrialist

Fear Factory - Mechanize and The Industrialist

Hello,

The Industrialist and Mechanize dissappeared from Spotify about 3 weeks ago.  Just these 2 albums are gone and the others remain. 

I love these 2 albums, I am just wondering why they were the only ones to be removed.

Are they going to come back?

Thanks,

6 Replies

Hey @krman7408,

Spotify's always working hard to get your favourite tunes. Check out this article for more info on missing content.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That BS answer from the mod is a joke  the real reason the albums are gone is far more saddening. Look into how much spotify pays in royalties to artists on streams or downloads of music through their service and the cost/month for our subscriptions . Simply put for 11 MILLION listeners a band may get 11 THOUSAND DOLLARS . Do the math , I wouldn't be happy either.  And trust me . I LOVE FF. I have for 17 years . But the truth is , it's a serious situation and the reasons for the removals of albums by artists is justified . 

@krman7408 @Mansony

Hello there and welcome to the community,

After some investigations, it seems that the two albums mentioned are available everywhere on Spotify. Here the list of availability :

fear-factory-albums.jpg

spotify:album:6Xvl1Sww9TlVM3C0Q6A55X:small

spotify:album:4DScqkdjLJ7erAjCmrhshW:small

FYI

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Music missing can also be related to a licensing problem. Licensing rules are not the same from a country to another. That can lead to have albums available in some countries and not in some others. Usually when a licensing problem is solved the music can be added or come back if it has been removed.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming.

@krman7408 let us know if these albums are back for you.

Thanks for your understanding 🙂

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

Hi

Thanks Soundofus, However those 2 albums and Genexus are not showing up in Spotify for me.  I am in the USA if that makes a difference.  I under the impression this is and issue between NB and Spotify as other albums by Fear Factory which fall under RoadRunner are in Spoitify. Just my thoughts

@krman7408

In this case, as you said it's certainly a problem with the label. Could be licensing problem or a decision to remove them in USA for some reason we are not aware of.

Unfortunately, as Spotify don't have the hand about that, not many solutions. Or to be patient and wait the albums come back (it will one day, but when ?) or to try to contact the label to see why this happens.

Sorry for this unsatisfying answer, but I can't do much more 🙂

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

They're on my Spotify but Genexus is gone bar two songs  **bleep**in joke when they take music you signed up for 

Suggested posts