Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Gary Shearston Australian singer chart hit 1974 I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU

Solved!

I was trying to remember this singers name and add the above song track to my (DrewWhatling Sooooo Gooood) playlist. After failing on Spotify search that has an 'armfull list' of singers. I found all I needed on Google  and you tube for conformation.  Gary Shearston Australian singer chart hit 1974 I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU  Surprised that only 11,000 + had located this big worldwide chart hit of 1974 (No.7 in UK charts)  I Investigated further and found that to listen to this in Spotify you have to play 'The Ballad of Blasted Creek', Titles have been mixed.  I had another look with this knowledge and approximately half way down the list titled 'Showing the list for I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU' was said track, play it and you will listen to 'The Ballad of Blasted Creek',  I suspect if Gary was still with us this would be rectified, on behalf of the late Gary Shearston SPOTIFY Please sort it.

I suspect his version was popular worldwide because one felt he was sincere within his rendition of a very popular song. 

For me my Sooooo Gooood now needs a couple of o's crossed off.

Gary as I am finding out is brilliant in Australian Folk. Not dissimiliar in feel to old sea shanties that as an ex seaman I have an affection for. So thank you for accidently widening my music aspects.  

This track by Gary Shearston needs its true accolade

I would have preferred to let SPOTIFY know without a medium but i can't find an avenue, so I have to hope someone is checking posts.

Thank you Drew Whatling 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@dissdrew okay i've let the content team know and found the links for you

let me know if there's anything else I can help with ^_^

View solution in original post

2 Replies

hey drew,

i've looked into this for you and escalated it to the content team.

Would you like to copy the spotify URLS for the two tracks to here?

just right click on the song

Marked as solution

@dissdrew okay i've let the content team know and found the links for you

let me know if there's anything else I can help with ^_^

Suggested posts