Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Getting recommended releases by artists with the same names as others I'm following

Getting recommended releases by artists with the same names as others I'm following

Got very excited about a possible new release from the electronic artist 'Burial' today, to find its the metal band.

Going to their artist page, they don't seem to be mixed up, there's clearly distinct pages for the electronic musican called Burial and the metal band called Burial.

So why am I getting release radar additions for the wrong burial? I often seem to get similar issues with artists with the same name.

3 Replies

Hi There!!!!

The reason for that is because Spotify has a fourmula for identifying the names of artists you listen to. This is a error that will hopefully be patched in a update soon!

Please Like!! and mark as solution

If you need anymore help just DM me

Not really a solution if it isn't fixed yet.

So the issue is exactly what you stated - Spotify gives recommendations based on an artist's name.  What they should do is give recommendations on the artist's ID.

For example, I follow the 80's band XTC, also know as 'artist/2qT62DYO8Ajb276vUJmvhz'. This week's Release Radar included a song by XTC, 'artist/3eiClM9M9wIMlKLQkYwfiz' (I prefer my artists with more numbers 3eiClM9M9wIMlKLQkYwfiz only has 3, 9 & 9). The same thing occurs with UFO, and a few other artists I follow. 

This is basic software logic and needs to be fixed - come on Spotify!

Suggested posts