Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Girlfriend Ruining my Suggestions

Girlfriend Ruining my Suggestions

Ok, so I love listening to music on Spotify, but sometimes I'm driving with my girlfriend. Now I'm not saying she has bad taste in music, but basically she only likes listening to a very limited list of songs so whenever we're listening together she skipps past a whole bunch of great songs, which I suspect is kicking my suggestions off.

Anyway, back to the question, is there any way to use Spotify without it adjusting the songs so I don't have to listen to her horrible 5 songs over and over as a result of our shared listening?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

Have you tried putting her to listen in private mode ?! By doing so, the songs she hears will not come as a suggestion to you. I think maybe it will help!

Hey @Goreflox

A similar idea has been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Discover-Exclude-Selected-Playlists-from-Taste-Profile-a...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

• Is that what it actually does? I was under the impression that all private mode does is keep the music you're listening to off connected social media?

Suggested posts