Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Giving all Spotify Artists the option to add lyrics for people who like singing along to use.

Giving all Spotify Artists the option to add lyrics for people who like singing along to use.

I'm a pretty addicted spotify user. I use it basically everyday and listen to songs over and over again, and listen to new songs from different artists. I believe giving the option for Artists that upload the option to add lyrics make it so much easier for people like me to sing along to a song we may not know the words to, like kareoke. I feel like this idea would work because the Artists themselves would have to apply the lyrics.

2 Replies

Hi @Bl0ssxms,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

We've moved your post to this help board because the Lyrics feature is something that is already being implemented. 

All artists have the option to display their lyrics on Spotify by linking them to the service called Musixmatch. Now, this is one of the features that Spotify is still trying out, which means that they may not be enabled on your account. 

Try logging out and back in twice and see if that makes a change. If not, you can try creating a new account with another email address and transfer your music collection over to that account following the steps from this Guide.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Good news!

Lyrics are now available for ALL Spotify users worldwide

You can read this Spotify news article for more information:

You Can Now Find the Lyrics to Your Favorite Songs in Spotify. Here’s How. 

You can view the support article for lyrics right here.

Artists can create a Musixmatch account to add and manage their lyrics.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts