Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Glee (TV Series)'s and John Denver's Albums

Solved!

Glee (TV Series)'s and John Denver's Albums

Are all of the Glee Albums uploaded to the streaming service? It seems like some of the music that used to be available before the series ended is no longer there.

Also, could you please work on getting all of John Denver's albums? They're very precious, as a lot of good songs were left out of his greatest hits.

Thanks,

CAA in Mich
(caamich on Spotify. Check out my public playlists!)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @caamich

Regarding removed music:

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Regarding music not on Spotify:

This thread by Spotify staff explains why some music is not available:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @caamich

Regarding removed music:

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Regarding music not on Spotify:

This thread by Spotify staff explains why some music is not available:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know (or linking me to anything I haven't already read), @MattSuda. However, I was under the impression that if an artist/label pulled music, it was all pulled, not just some of it. And, if Spotify has rare John Denver recordings like "Rocky Top," why on earth would they not have access to all his albums? Especially considering he's a beloved deceased artist.

EDIT: Okay, didn't know about the Google form. Completed that. We'll see if that does any good.

CAA in Mich
(caamich on Spotify. Check out my public playlists!)

Suggested posts