Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Greyed Out Songs

Greyed Out Songs

Spotify **bleep**!!!!
I've been a premium member for a few months now, and one of my favorite albums (Wish You Were Here), now doesn't let me play the last 3 songs of the album cause they're not f*&ing available, and they're greyed out. I've had similar issues but the "unavailable songs" would always work again. Now it's not working even though I've reset my mobile device (Samsung S7 Edge) and app multiple times. Please solve this issue or I'll be obligated to cancel my membership and change music player. Also, please don't answer with some bull**bleep** response that's it's not available in my country, because then it wouldn't make sense for the other two songs in the album to be working. P.S I've had this album saved and downloaded on my app and device for months now.
12 Replies

I live in the USA and can play the full album. What country are you in?

It looks like they moved the some of the songs..? I found another version of just "I wish you were here" still on spotify heres the link https://open.spotify.com/track/0GqGrPWhmiRX9BU93AYFOW

Hey @Galterinone, welcome to the Community!

Can you send us the Song Link? Just tap the three dots > Share > Copy Song Link. What country is your account set to?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I assume you want the link to the greyed out version? https://open.spotify.com/track/6mFkJmJqdDVQ1REhVfGgd1
My Spotify should be set to canada

Thanks for replying @Galterinone!

We want all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks are not currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label, or a change may happen in music ownership.

Thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist, album or track you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon. Licensing and ownership constraints can also apply to non-musical content, such as podcasts and videos.

Let us know if you have further questions.

@Galterinone

Hello:

I know this is not ideal, but have you tried this version of Wish You Were Here below:

You should be able to get access to the original five tracks off of the original release on Disc one, but not any of the bonus content that comes with the 2011 Remastered version of Wish You Were Here on Disc two. I am in the States, and I am able to get access to the original five tracks from the album link you posted in your message, and I am also able to get the original released five tracks from disc one of the 2011 remastered version I posted above, but none of the bonus content on Disc two currently.

I'm having the same issue. Its really annoying considering I too am a premieum member dor at least a year now. Spotify should keep track of their contacts with artists... If they expire the songs should be back up at least the same day!!!!! NOT STILL DOWN AFTER 18+ DAYS... Please fix

That doesn't make any sense because 2 out of the 5 songs are still availible. Come on guys figure this out. It shouldn't take 18 days of our lives where we cant listen to the songs. You guys should be on top of your issues and fix it as soon as the contract expires. Do it soon...I pay for services and this is really a burden...

Thank you

Hate to say, but I finally got fed up with my playlists filling with greyed out songs, for whatever reason.  I switched to Google Play Music and transferring my songs was a breeze and I no longer have issues with greyed out songs.  Recreating playlists manually was a pain since I have three major lists with several hundred songs, but all of them were available on Google Play, and I got a YouTube Red as a bonus for my $9.95 monthly account.  Seems a step up from Spotify.

Hi there. My album that I put out through Ditto is greyed out now. I own the music. I am a US artist who gave access globally. Can you let me know why it is greyed out now?

https://open.spotify.com/album/4pzdBZZl5KDjA6cHODKBZZ

This is happening to me as well, but the songs work on my PC and not on my Android app.  The region issue is not the problem, and besides that, I live in the USA.  Really frustrating when this happens and I'm trying to lead my workout group.

Suggested posts