Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Have Brand New been removed from Spotify Wrapped?

Solved!

Have Brand New been removed from Spotify Wrapped?

I was very surprised not to see Brand New in my decade round up, especially the section that lists the most played song and artist from each year.

I have every playlist from each year saved and Not The Sun by Brand New was my top song of 2017 and as they featured 17 times out of the 100 top songs, I assume they were also my most played artist.

However Spotify now has @!#?@! by Motion City Soundtrack as my top song for that year and the same band as my top artist, though they only feature 4 times in top 100. Granted I probably did listen to them a lot and that song is 2nd in the original list but it all seems a bit odd.

Have they been removed? I understand recent news about Jesse Lacey hasn't been great by any stretch of the imagination but still.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Anyway, for anyone who is interested and isn't just giving useless answers, it appears from this post on instagram that I may be correct.Screenshot_20191214-014452_Instagram.jpg 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there!
Brand New is still on Spotify, so it simply could be just that you listened to another artist more this year.
Have a nice day! 🙂

Speaking as an iPhone Spotify app user, I did not save my playlists from so many years back. I can see 2018 & 2019 and both are accurate.

Having said that—and I could be mistaken—I have seen albums and songs disappear from Spotify for a period of time, only to reappear later. For example, a band may change labels and bring their entire catalog with them.  When re-added, I’d imagine the song’s ID in Spot’s database changes. 

Case in point. I have my settings set to show missing tracks. And I have a Halloween playlist that I revise every year, and many times songs will just disappear. Not hidden or unplayable. Gone. 

So I search for the song again and there it is. I re-add the track and all is well. But having revised this list three years now, last year I took screenshots for comparison. And yes, this year there were songs missing again, and I had to be re-add them. 

I would imagine this is the same behavior you are seeing with your yearly playlists. 

Cheers,

Craig

I know they're still on Spotify, that isn't the question I asked. If you
read my post you'd see that I know for a fact they were my most listened to
band one year but on the decade rundown it was shown differently

What I’m trying to get across - and yes, perhaps I don’t understand your question.  But your top 2017 list is not a static, never-changing list stored in their database. 

It’s an answer to a question at the moment the database is asked it.  In this case, when you pull up the list.

If a change is made to the data, or data is, the answer is going to change.

I have five rocks in my hand with numbers painted on them. I throw one. Now how many rocks do I have in my hand now, and what are the numbers painted on them?

Their data changed for whatever reason so the answer to the question is different. 

I know they are still on spotify, this is referring to 2017 not 2019. Please read the question properly

Cdmrockin, you're answer literally makes no sense.
Marked as solution

Anyway, for anyone who is interested and isn't just giving useless answers, it appears from this post on instagram that I may be correct.Screenshot_20191214-014452_Instagram.jpg 

Suggested posts