Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Help, Spotify keeps declining my Visa!

Help, Spotify keeps declining my Visa!

I'm trying to resubscribe to get my premium back because my 30-day free trial ran out. So, I buy myself a Visa gift card, which is valid anywhere in the US including over the internet, to pay for the subscription. Even though it says everything is secure during payment, I don't trust it-but that's just me. Anyway, when I type in the info on the card to make the transaction, it gets 'declined' each time. It can't be that I'm typing in the wrong info, especially when you go as far as quadruple-checking. And I know I have sufficient funds on the card because: 1. I just bought it and put $30 on there TODAY 2. I have yet to use it. It also can't be that Spotify doesn't except them because they do, I read so in the "Help" tab. If any one could tell me if I'm doing anything wrong, or point me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it.

4 Replies

Sounds like you should contact Spotify customer service directly for this one.

They do accept them. Pre-paid gift cards like Visa cards are valid just about any and everywhere in the US including online. Also, I did say that I read in the Spotify help tab that they do accept them.

20180513_221609.jpg

I wish to know how to contact spotify customer service?
As it look the spotify is not support team working around.
I cannot help channel to contact Spotify Customer Service Team.

Hey there @Jimmy00,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community - we'll be happy to help!

Just to confirm, are you also having troubles signing up for Premium?

If so, we'd first recommend taking a look at this support site article to make sure that your card is good to go.

We'd also suggest giving it another try to subscribe from a different device or browser, or by using an incognito or private window.

If none of these do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could include some additional details on what's happening, including any error messages you see so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts