Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Help describe elements to this grim Christmas song

Help describe elements to this grim Christmas song

I found a really good christmas cover on accident and I'd like some help describing certain elements in order to find more songs like it. 

Stuff like the voice filter, overlay of strings, key/scale they're in, I don't know really anything about music or how to determine what makes this song the way it is. 

From 1:07 to 1:10 theres a distorted guitar in the background that I love. That mixed with the multiple voices singing helps gives it this unique dark and grim feeling. 

I haven't heard a lot of songs in this vein and I'd love some suggestions or help with finding music that shares certain elements, preferably not specifically more Christmas music.

2 Replies

Hi @Magoober

Have you tried using Song Radio? If you are on desktop, just right click on the song and choose "Go to Song Radio". It would create an automatic playlist with similar songs.

I hope this will help you to find more music you like.

Happy listening 🙂

I'd love to do that, but when I try to start it it says "This radio station cannot be started." The song is the only one registered to the artist on spotify, so it doesn't have enough from the artist to make a radio out of. I've had the same issue with another single song from a small artist. The radio wouldn't work for it, but it does for any other artists.

Suggested posts