Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Help understanding discover weekly & release radar

Solved!

Help understanding discover weekly & release radar

Hi! I’m an Swedish rap artist who recently starting putting out music in Swedish after 2 years of making English rap. 

As an artist release radar and discover weekly has helped me gain a lot of traction and plays for the my Swedish debut which I’m really happy about! My only confusion is that most of the plays I get comes from Sweden and surprisingly the US. 

I’d love to figure out why it is that such a large audience of mine as an Swedish artist who makes music in Swedish still is from America. Is this a glitch in the Spotify algorithm or is there another reason for why my music gets a lot of American plays? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Timothynight

I think the fact you have music in English might have contributed to why you have listeners in the US. Maybe some of your music got into some more popular playlist that appeals to Americans.
Release Radar will include songs from artists you've listened to, and if the person has listened to your English music before, chances are your Swedish music might get featured there as well.

In short, I don't think it's a glitch. It's just that the algorithms and the music networks function in surprising ways. Also, I'm glad to hear your music is doing great! 🙂

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Timothynight

I think the fact you have music in English might have contributed to why you have listeners in the US. Maybe some of your music got into some more popular playlist that appeals to Americans.
Release Radar will include songs from artists you've listened to, and if the person has listened to your English music before, chances are your Swedish music might get featured there as well.

In short, I don't think it's a glitch. It's just that the algorithms and the music networks function in surprising ways. Also, I'm glad to hear your music is doing great! 🙂

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the answer man! Yea I think that might be why, appreciate the
reply!

Suggested posts