Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Hidden songs from phone does not synch to Spotify to the Volvo Sensus App

Solved!

Hidden songs from phone does not synch to Spotify to the Volvo Sensus App

Plan

Family

Country

Usa

Device

(Samsung Note 9  Volvo Sensus

My Question or Issue

When hiding a song in a Playlist on my phone when I play the Playlist on the app on my Volvo Senses the song is not hidden.  It would be nice if it synced to the device.  The Spotify Volvo app does not have a hide feature  to hide a song so can only skip it. 

On another note why can't we block or skip artist.  I thought I remember that being possible in the past.  For instance I like Metal but can't stand Metallica or Megadeath.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Stars200,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Hiding songs is not synced across devices, this is why some songs that you've hidden on your phone will show up when you play music in your car or PC for example.

You should be able to block certain artists from playing. On mobile open the Artist page of the band you don't like listening to > click the 3-dot menu > Don't play this. This is synchronized across devices and no songs from that artist will play until un-blocked. Note that if the artist is featured in a song it might still play or come up in your recommendations.

Hope this info is helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Stars200,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Hiding songs is not synced across devices, this is why some songs that you've hidden on your phone will show up when you play music in your car or PC for example.

You should be able to block certain artists from playing. On mobile open the Artist page of the band you don't like listening to > click the 3-dot menu > Don't play this. This is synchronized across devices and no songs from that artist will play until un-blocked. Note that if the artist is featured in a song it might still play or come up in your recommendations.

Hope this info is helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts