Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Horror soundtracks being taken away :(

Horror soundtracks being taken away :(

I love Spotify. It has changed my music life, and made me go "clean". But unfortunately, for all the artists they keep adding, there's always something they for some reason removes. And unfortunately, horror soundtracks seems to be somewhat exposed to this. Just recently, both Goldsmith's Poltergeist score and J. Peter Robinson's New Nightmare has been removed. Exorcism of Emily Rose was removed a while back, despite Christopher Young still having several albums on Spotify.

What's the deal? My beloved horror music 😞

1 Reply

Hey @Lsnake

A late reply is better than no reply at all.

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

The songs/albums will still be shown in your playlists so you can keep track of them. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts