Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How can I access a Daily Mix that has expired?

How can I access a Daily Mix that has expired?

I had a Daily Mix that was filled with music I loved but it's gone now. I am certain it has expired but I was just wondering how could I get it back. Would I have to wait for it to show back up again? 

20 Replies

Hey @bby-boy,

Thanks for reaching out.

Because Daily Mix continuously updates, it’s best to save your favourites.

Just click/tap on the heart in the Now Playing view.

To save something when you're not listening to it, click/tap on the plus icon or add it to a playlist.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't recommend telling users to click on the heart. The reason being, it works differently for "dailymixes." For "DailyMixes," the heart saves the song in albums; and on the radio, the heart saves in "Liked from Radeio" playlist. That is important to keep in mind, sings there is a limit on how much you can save for albums. Plus, most of us don't want single songed albums all over the place. Not a good way to organize.

Same problem here, note to self on 26. June it was daily mix no4. It would be so sweet to get that playlist back.

Please anybody  help 

I haven't saved any of the songs... 😞

Cheers

Andras

I had THE PERFECT Dailymix yesterday. It was Daily Mix 4, on Spet 23rd. A bunch of songs I'd never heard and the whole thing was amazing. 

I clicked the little Heart to save the playlist. It's just showing the Sept 24th playlist of today's saved playlists. WHAT A BUMMER.

I saved a mix yesterday. Now it changed to a new playlist that didn't exist when I saved it?? How is this a thing..

I know I'm not the only one whose experienced this. Please make an easier way to save these Spotify. Or at least let us access expired playlists so we can go back and save all the songs individually on our own time. Thank you.

TL;DR: Saved my DailyMix 4 of Sept 23rd. Accessed saved playlist today and it's showing different songs for DailyMix 4, songs of Sept 24th. I did not save those songs.

Same thing happened to me. Create a new playlist and add recently played songs. Sadly you can only find songs from two or three days ago. Hope this helped!

Good Afternoon,
I`m sorry to tell you that this is not possible right now (If it is I never mentioned it. Then I`m sorry).
You can (as said before) save the songs while playing by pressing the hearth or create a playlist and save the songs in there.

The Daily mix is (as it`s name says) everyday new. So better safe the songs you like^^

~Cedric

You can simply use this service called IFTTT, take a look at it in the play store/app store or their website. You can easily create a connection on IFTTT platform which will automatically sync your daily mixes to a specified playlist of your choice which you can also make public, so that all your daily mixes will always be available to you in that playlist and IFTTT will automatically add new songs as they are updated in daily mixes, it would be updated in your playlist too. Thanks for asking :).

The Daily Mix is daily updated. Even if you heart it and it is now in your library, it will still update. I recommend liking all the songs or taking your time to add them in a separate new playlist. 

Hi, I don’t think you can but I’ve found the best way to get a longer ‘recently played’ is by going to make a playlist and then going to the ‘recently played’ tab and then it gives you a really long log of what you’ve listened to. 

Hope this helps, it’s really annoying when this happens.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

As several of you have mentioned, playlists made for you, like Daily Mix, update regularly to stay fresh.

While you can’t save (or recover) a particular version of it, you can:

There's more info on playlists made for you and how often they update here.

Keep in mind that some users have already suggested to have a history page for previous versions of Daily Mixes in our Ideas Exchange. We'd recommend heading here and adding your support by clicking +VOTE and leaving a comment with your feedback.

There's also more info on how ideas get implemented in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Something I have found to work is going to one of your playlists and click "add songs" and look through that mix to see if you can find it. It takes a bit of work, but this is where you can typically find songs that were previously on your daily mix. good luck!

Ugh. I'm so bummed about the daily mix I didn't get to listen to that I probably won't log on to spotify again for a month. :(((

Actually this is bad enough that I canceled my premium subscription over it. If changes were made to make the mixes recoverable even within 3 days I would reconsider, but as is it's not worth it to use spotify.

I'd also love to see a feature which would allow me to review old Daily Mixes. Like a time machine slider or something. 

I had the same experience. My Daily Mixes are usually meh, but had a really good one yesterday. 

Hey there @robot14

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

At the moment, this feature is not available. However, other users also think this would be a good idea. 

In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm in the exact same position

Its a feature and refreshes every day hence the name "Daily mix", Yes it is a bummer I once had the perfect playlist I wish I could revisit it 😕 

It so harsh that you can't get the daily mixes back

Thanks. This was helpful 

Suggested posts