How do I disable rap from appearing in my radio/discover playlists? I don't want rap suggestions.

How do I disable rap from appearing in my radio/discover playlists? I don't want rap suggestions.

ciotti42
Music Fan
How do I disable rap from appearing in my radio/discover playlists? I don't want rap suggestions. Sometimes I downvote songs appearing my radio feed, but I am worried that I might be downvoting an artist that only has this one rap song that I don't like, but has a bunch of music without rap that I do like that might get suppressed as well. Really it's just the rap genre tag that I want to downvote. Thanks.
7 Replies

Re: How do I disable rap from appearing in my radio/discover playlists? I don't want rap suggestion

Rock Star 1
Rock Star 1

Hi @ciotti42!

As far as I know, Spotify is yet to have a feature where you can disable certain genres of music. For the time being, I'd suggest to keep steering clear of playing any rap on Spotify and only listen to your favourite genres. Hopefully the Spotify algorithm responsible for playlist radio and discover playlists should adjust accordingly to your taste soon enough. 
If you need any more assistance, let us know!

Best wishes,

A

A_MusicophileRock Star 1
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: How do I disable rap from appearing in my radio/discover playlists? I don't want rap suggestion

renaldocreative
Casual Listener

Hip-Hop/Rap is a huge genre and it will be hard to block. Many Pop and R&B artist now rap. 

Primus123
Regular

I think the question is: how do I disable rap from being made at all anymore? lol

Highlighted

maxkmoseley
Casual Listener

you could dislike the signs that come on and spotify will eventually stop playing them for you.

gridglory

Awesome.  Disable pop too!

Primus123
Regular

Agreed. Most popular music these days sucks.

donbergaaas
Composer

clear your cache in app permisions clears out all your history on the app you might have to resighn into the app..make sure you dont share your password too avoid this from happening again !

SUGGESTED POSTS