Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How many songs are there in total on Spotify?

Solved!

How many songs are there in total on Spotify?

I know it doesn't fit this forum, but there was nowhere else to ask and I could not find it anywhere online.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Your personal library has no limit that I know of, @wrafi. That 3333 number applies to the maximum number of downloaded songs on one device - to listen to when you're not connected.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

11 Replies

Hi, @sydneyschelvis! Did some digging for you, and the unofficial number I got was that it would be over 40 million songs. Maximum allowed in a single playlist is 9999, and maximum allowed to be saved on one device is 3333.

I hope this is helpful, and I hope you have a wonderful sunday filled with the music you love.

does that mean that you can only save 3333 songs in your library?

yeah i think it would be cool to know the real number

Marked as solution

Your personal library has no limit that I know of, @wrafi. That 3333 number applies to the maximum number of downloaded songs on one device - to listen to when you're not connected.

Hi @Audiozobe, thank you for your answer. I am still curious however where you came up with the number 40 million?

Hi, @sydneyschelvis. It's not an official number. I asked around fellow Rock Stars and moderators and this is the number that came up. I didn't get an absolute number, though, and I'm still trying to find a final number - I'd love to know to the song.

I don't believe you'll ever get an apsolute number, as Spotify is constently adding thousands of new songs each week. In my opinion, it's just better to get a yearly average, which is 40 million (which is the agreed estimate).

Also interesting: with an average length of 4 mins, it would cost you 304 years of non stop 24/7 listening to have heard all of them. So better start now.

Marked as solution

40+ million tracks according to https://newsroom.spotify.com/company-info/

Updated to 50million + now on that company info page.

That is amazing of 40 million!

Suggested posts