Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to become a Spotify Tastemaker in 2020

How to become a Spotify Tastemaker in 2020

What's the best way to ensure my public playlists are getting listed in the "Playlist" search selection? Does being listed as a Tastemaker give priority? Currently I have some playlists coming up in searches and other don't seem to get listed .... 

It would appear that you have to pass a certain threshold of followers to your public playlists to automatically be qualified as a Tastemaker? This is the only answer i'm able to rationalize - thoughts?

Spotify Search.JPG
6 Replies

Hi there @VancityVibes,

thanks for reaching out !

Tastemakers account are something that does no longer happen on the app.

In order for all your playlist to appear on searches they have to gain the minimum plays needed or followers in some cases.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Así es compañero, hay que lograr el mínimo de seguidores y tener muchas reproducciones. Tengo algunos hacks que pueden servir si aun seguís interesado. Saludos!

Thank you for the follow up!

Ok, I was assuming this was the case. Does this mean that accounts that are
listed as "Tastemakers" are grandfathered titles they were allowed to
retain during that time? Or is it possible to "earn" this title by passing
the threshold of listens under public playlists?

I can view number of followers on my playlists - is there a way to review
numbers of plays under each of my playlists? This would be great to
reference!

Thank you for the follow up and clarification!

Ok, I was assuming this was the case. Does this mean that accounts that are listed as "Tastemakers" are grandfathered titles they were allowed to retain during that time? Or is it eventually possible to "earn" this title by passing the threshold of listens/followers under public playlists?

I can view number of followers on my public playlists - is there a way to review numbers of plays under each of my playlists? This would be great to reference weekly!

Gracias!! Puedo ver el numbero de reproductiones? Solamente veo el numero de siguidores en cada Playlist ... me cuentas lo del hack?? Me interesa!

Hi @VancityVibes,

Tastemakers account does not exist anymore.

That means that accounts you see as a tastemakers are from the period of time where they were part of the platform.

Therefore, it does not rely on any number of followers / plays as it is no longer a part of Spotify profiles.

Hope this shines some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts