Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to block/black list the music or artists?

How to block/black list the music or artists?

Really, how to block some music or artists?

Why do I hear in the "radio" the same parts which I have in my starred list? Is it the idea of Spotify to turn my "starred list" into "hate list"? I don't want to hear it 10 times a day...

I don't want to hear typical music which I hear in car radio and/or on the TikTok and etc. the whole day...
I am using Spotify while working and just to relax sometimes and every time I get frustrated to hear same compositions. I have no Idea how to separate "searching for for new music" and "good old compositions". Actually I hear like 70% I have heard over9000 times and 0.1% sometimes something new... (the rest 29.99% just skipping and this number is rising)

Last time I am really frustrated because of the fact I can't create some black list. Like Spotify decide by self, what I have to hear. Not really. I don't want hear the same again and again...

4 Replies

Hi there @Manium,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

We see where you're coming from and how the algorithm could be slightly inaccurate at times. No worries, the good thing is that you can help it become better and better over time 🙂

If you don't like a song/artist from your Radio (that starts after an album) or from your personalized suggestions, then you can use the 3-dotted menu next to the song in question and choose "Hide this song".  Also if you tap on the particular artist name (below the song title) and visit his profile page, again on the 3-dotted menu, you can choose "Don't play this" to stop getting recommendations about that artist.

Keep in mind that the algorithm needs some time to reflect the change of preferences. You can expect them to be observable in one to three weeks time. More info on how to improve the playlists made for you, you can find here.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Kiril, thanks for the answer. Unfortunately I don't see this option to choose.

I have tried different playstyle (after album, in mixtapes and etc.) no where I can choose this option in the 3 dot menu.

Please link me to the how to for app/browser.

This request is seems to be popular here in the community, why is this feature still after years so hidden?

I want sometimes to search for specific artist and put him to the black list (like Justin Bieber and etc.) and never hear his compositions. How to do it?

One more question, in the smartphone app I have in the top right corner a „bell“ with the new releases from the artists I am following, where is it in the browser/windows app?

pretty confused…

I have found „Hide this song“ in the smartphone app, but not in the browser app, my question is still open 😨

Hi there @Manium,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We're glad to see that you found the feature. The reason you're not able to find it on the web player or in the desktop app is because it's only available on mobile. However you can undo liked songs on the desktop app by following the steps bellow:

1. ClickDown arrow icon in the top-right and select Settings.
  2. Under Display Options, switch Show unavailable songs in playlists on.

Then, go back to the playlist and tap Dislike iconagain. The song is no longer hidden.

We hope this cleared things up for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts