Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to give one device priority?

How to give one device priority?

My Spotify account is used on a few of our devices. The problem I have is that I am constantly kicked off when my daughter starts using it even if I was already listening to something on my device! How can I make my phone the main user so I’m not overridden when my kids start listening on a different device??

6 Replies

Hey Sparkymark,

Unfortunately, more than one member cannot use the same spotify account to listen to music. Connecting devices only allows you to play the same music on multiple devices, not different music from the same account, therefore the last person to play a song will automatically stop/override on every other device.

Hope this clarified.

I also have this issue and would love it if Spotify had a way of giving one device priority so that other devices can't interrupt listening on that device.

Or at a minimum a warning that comes up to say that you're about to interrupt the output of another device rather than just automatically interrupting.

My issue is i might go out on a bike ride and play some music with my bluetooth headset via mobile app, but when i get home i try to play music on the desktop app and nothing happens. i switch the connect to device computer on desktop, click play on an artist but nothing happens at the bottom where it should display the song and its progress, no sound.

I've found the best solution is to have your music downloaded then go to offline mode and listen away

Hey sparkymark! Dealing with family Spotify battles, huh? 😅 To give your phone priority, you can try using the Spotify Family Plan. It allows you to create separate accounts for each family member, and everyone gets their personalized playlists without interrupting each other. Plus, it comes with a nifty feature to manage each account's priority. Check it out in your account settings, and you'll hopefully find harmony in your musical domains!

Hey sparkymark! I feel your pain. The Spotify shuffle between devices can be a real challenge. One workaround I've found is using Spotify Connect. That way, even if someone starts a session on another device, I can maintain control from my phone. Have you given that a shot, or do you have any other tricks up your sleeve to make your phone the reigning Spotify champion? Let's share some hacks! 🤔🎵

Suggested posts